Python Software Engineer (WAE+XTC +Networking with 8+ Years)
Location:Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Cisco Systems has an open opportunity for an engineer capable of covering Cisco’s Software Defined and automation portfolios. It is expected that the successful candidate will have wide and deep knowledge of software defined technologies, software automation, development approaches/methodologies and would have extensive experience in developing operational models to support transitions.
The candidate will support Cisco’s large SP customers. As such, there is an expectation that he/she will be able to work with customers to create and execute on customers IT transformation. From early engagement with the customer gathering requirements to solution delivery and execution of the solution would follow under the charter. The role requires stakeholders’ influence & management skills, deep technology insight, ability to collaborate among teams to drive Cisco and customer success.
- The engineer will act as technical expert deployed at customer site.
- The engineer will typically be responsible for closely working with customer to understand their pain points, freezing requirements and develop/deploy required automation solution built around Cisco product folio.
- The engineer will build these solutions following Cisco guidelines, best practices and well-defined processes to ensure high quality deliverables.
- The engineer will setup local lab environment to test and demonstrate automation solution.
- The engineer will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- The engineer will provide internal and/or external technical presentations for collaboration within Cisco as well as with Customer.
- The engineer will escalate any specific problems to the AS leads or relevant Business Units for product enhancement.
- The engineer will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- The engineer will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Advanced Services (AS) is a team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Who You Are
- Experience in Software design, development, testing specially Python.
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming and software design concepts.
- Good working exposure of agile development methodologies.
· Expertise working in IDE environments like Eclipse, PyCham
- Good to have experience in python frameworks Django/Flask etc
- Application integration experience with REST/ SOAP/NetConf.
· Exposure to Unix / Linux environments
- Experience in the technical services delivery areas of telecom software and automation solutions.
- Experience in working in face-to-face roles with customers in both technology development and delivery functions. Preferably deep delivery execution experience with large enterprise or service provider customers.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching fundamentals will be preferred
- Knowledge of LDAP, Routing, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Good understanding of Virtualization domain (VMware or OpenStack)
- Fair understanding of SNMP/NetFlow
- Basic understanding of Layer1 Optical networks and MPLS
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Have crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems are second to none.
- Acts as a local point of contact for large SP account’s automation software development needs/ problem resolution.
- Cisco equipment configuration and debugging experience
- Experience or Certifications in one or more of the following is preferred: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science/IT/Software Systems with 9-11 years of relevant experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.