Public Sector Account Manager - Strategic Accounts
Location:Austin, Texas, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World; you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help Governments protect, serve, and educate citizens at the National, State, and Local level. Our organization serves the State/Local Government and Education. You will work with an incredible team of Public Sector Account Managers and partner with a hardworking group of Systems Engineers, who share the same passion. You’ll play a pivotal role in the sales process and position a large portfolio of technology products and services. You’ll help advance Public Sector Sales in the San Antonio area and make our customers' lives better and easier by effectively selling across all levels and you will deliver large strategic wins using a go to market sales model driving business relevant/customer value selling and exceeding goals.
- You will drive sales achievement focusing on account and resource planning and allocation to drive sales attainment numbers.
- You will accurately forecast your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving growth.
- Financial & Business Relevance - Analyzing your customer's financials, business goals, and ambitions to understand their needs. Aligning technology and Cisco resources to help tackle issues and help your customers succeed. Driving business planning and goal attainment.
Who You'll Work With?
A Growth Mindset Team- Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams (Services, Customer Value Acceleration team, Capital, Partners, etc.) and strategically engaging cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers. Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation - Building strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building capability within Cisco - Focusing on collaboration and contributing to the long term success of US Public Sector and Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently aspiring to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are?
You are self-starter with that will build executive relationships, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, create demand and close deals. You've successfully worked with sophisticated technical solutions including calling on key decision makers and all other technical and business influencers. You have the ability to negotiate solutions and resolve issues with peers, partners and customers employing a Win/Win philosophy. You have keen ability to position turnkey solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer Executives. You will have validated experience in processes for successful account management including forecasting, quota over achievement, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long term opportunity management.
- You have experience in building executive relationships with multiple named accounts while providing insight and strategy around how Services-Led customers go-to-market; mapping our solutions to our client's customers.
- You have demonstrate ability to sell within traditional IT hierarchy as well as non-IT business units - particularly around how Cisco can enable our customer’s service delivery.
- You develop and execute annual plan for named account in line with company strategy.
- Business forecasting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, and pipeline development) required.
- You are able to engage and lead cross-functional/virtual resources as part of extended team. Excellent presentation skills required.
- You have confirmed negotiation skills, be a self-starter, and a strong closer. Understanding of large business organizations and their buying cycles is preferred.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Your experience selling in areas such as data center, networking, and/or unified collaboration.
- You're an excellent communicator with expertise in building/leading large sales teams
- You are a Self-starter, respectful negotiator and strong closer
- You have a BA degree (MBA preferred) or 7+ years account management experience
- Forward-thinking presentation skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing. Be you, with us!
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.