Public Relations Manager - Netherlands
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for creating and delivering an integrated PR campaign for key influencers, working in partnership with all communications functions and stakeholders, including the country management teams. Key influencers will primarily include the media as well as considering other audiences such as analysts, government, and employees.
This job requires the ability to balance a number of priorities in order to ensure the success of communications within the country and as part of the EMEAR communications team, and to prioritise and focus on the areas where communications can have the biggest impact and demonstrate tangible results in influencing our audience's perceptions, attitudes, and behaviours.
Some of your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead traditional and social media and connections with technology, national and business publications as well as key influencers
- Manage PR agencies against results, and will ensure the agency becomes a trusted extended part of the team
- Understand audience perceptions, and translate business goals into communications goals and designing programmes that help position the company's relevance and value, advance its thought leadership and innovation profile
- Think strategically and creatively around crafting stories and visual concepts that are relevant and engaging to a broad audience across various channels
- Build executive speaker messaging and platforms that position the company and the speaker as true thought leaders within a fast-evolving and competitive market
- Work in true collaboration with individuals and teams to extract relevant information from multiple sources and blend into a range of communications
- Socialise communications plans and platforms with multiple communications functions and key business leaders to advance message consistency and impact
- Balance the requirements of being an active member of the EMEAR Communications team and helping to drive the team's joint success whilst driving the success of the country PR programmes
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Netherlands is known for its ambition, innovation and bolder approach inside and outside of Cisco. The PR Manager is a critical part of this success story and plays a key role in influencing a broad set of key audience attitudes and perceptions so our stakeholders recognize Cisco as an innovative technology leader.
The EMEAR region is made up of 8 theatres covering 121 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR). The role is part of the North Theatre covering Benelux, the Nordic countries, and the Baltics. You will contribute to the theatre as a whole and BeLux in particular, while your main focus will be the Netherlands.
The Cisco EMEAR Communications Team is a world-class team of communicators. We connect and engage with media, analysts, and employees. We are in tune with everything that’s happening around us. We build connections and enable relevant conversations that influence measurable opinions and behaviors.
You will work closely with the business leaders of the countries you cover, as well as marketing, communications and other support functions and corporate communications teams to craft and drive outcome-based communications programs and will be accountable for measurable results.
Who You Are
- PR: 5+ years, from strategic planning to execution
- Working in an international/multinational company, with many stakeholders, including executive level, consulting and partnering
- PR agency and budget management
- Working in a tech / IT company
Desired skills & competencies:
- Understand Cisco's story, its products, technologies, Services & solutions
- You know how to partner with and influence senior management – have a good executive presence, are able to be a trusted advisor
- You are an outstanding verbal/written communicator (you are able to tell and write stories)
- You have proven experience in building strategic communications plans, translating business needs to communications outcomes (perception changes)
- You demonstrate a creative use of communication
- You have excellent editorial skills
- You bring good business insight, including a good sense of employee sentiment
- You have great teamwork and collaboration skills
- You are dedicated, self-steering
- You are a flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to gain consensus among others and manage sensitive situations
- Solid project management skills, able to meet milestones, tight deadlines, and balance concurrent projects
- Communication asset development
- Influence Metric Development & Implementation
- Critical Thinking Facilitation
- Demonstrate a high degree of poise, professionalism and take the initiative
- You are able to exercise discretion when presented with sensitive information or confidential issues
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch (written & verbal)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.