Project Specialist (Full Time) United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRTP, NC - Pittsburgh, PA
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Compensation Range70500 USD - 99200 USD
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You’ll Do
- Execute project management skill sets and methodologies to address long-term opportunities that impact and improve the business
- Assist in all project management cycles, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, forecast trends, to identify risks and issues and work toward innovation and operational success
- Identify process gaps and process implementation planning
- Support and further build change management processes
- Collaborate with partners to provide creative solutions to optimize internal and external processes, policies, protocols, and tools that will enable the best cost, quality, and delivery of Cisco products
Who You'll Work With
Project management has never been more vital to our organization. You'll play an integral role in the business tying project results to business goals, resulting in better market positioning. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and strive for business efficiency. You will be involved in the definition, planning, management, and deliverables of various projects.
Who You Are
- Including but not limited to a graduate/upcoming graduate of a certification program from a Boot Camp, Apprenticeship, Community College or 4-Year University.
- Recent graduate or on your final year of studies towards a Bachelor’s or , Supply Chain, Communications, Mathematics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or related program or other academic certification; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree
- You possess a solid understanding and experience with project management fundamentals and methodologies
- You show strong communication and collaboration skills with a real passion for solving problems
- You have excellent organization and time management skills
- Process oriented with drive to simplify/improve process
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement in their digital businesses.
Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.