Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Why You'll Love Cisco:
Are you ready to change the World? Do you want to be passionate about your employer and the brand you represent? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with expert mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Interested in being challenged and appreciated while embarking in a dynamic career? In an environment where colleagues become friends, where managers actively coach and where creativity and ambition are valued?
You will play a pivotal role in our Global GVSE Project Management Office (PMO). As a Program Manager you will create efficiencies, drive processes and coordinate activities and tasks to support the global GVSE strategic implementation.
You will be responsible for many initiatives within the GVSE Global Acceleration PMO as well as improving best practices across the PMO. This includes (but not limited to):
· Planning, organizing, executing, monitoring and closing strategic business projects on time and within scope
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
· Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions are coordinated
· Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
· Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
· Stakeholder engagement and communications
· Utilize PMO tools and templates for project management and communication
· Manage a small team of University Summer Interns
Who You'll Work With
You will partner with many key stakeholders within the organization to ensure a fast-paced, successful program. GVSE is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth. We serve our customers throughout the entire life-cycle using a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world.
Who You Are
· Hands-on creative problem solver, can-do attitude and a highly collaborative style
· Calm and self-motivated with a strong focus on delivery under tight timelines
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all levels
· Highly collaborative with cross-functional teams
· Strong time management, planning and organizational skills and perform with a phenomenal level of autonomy
· Detail oriented and process driven
· Highly proactive and accountable
· Highly adaptable to change in a face-paced environment
· You desire opportunities to challenge yourself in a highly collaborative, team environment
· You have an AA degree or 7+ years of relevant experience
· People management experience (direct or non-direct) is a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.