Project Manager/Packaging Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
At Cisco Meraki, we are known for simplifying technology through our products and services - and for the people behind them. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our technology architecture is changing the face of networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything we do. Here, that means we take innovative ideas from the drawing board to solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a diverse and inclusive team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired!
The Project Manager/Packaging Engineer position is a design-focused role working with our JDM partners, Taiwan-based support team, and the Hardware Engineers and Designers, to help both create and support projects and products that are being manufactured throughout Taiwan and China. Manufacturing process and an understanding of labor models will be critical to this role. While having projects that will need design support, there will also be collaboration in regards to package testing and troubleshooting, while also keeping in mind distribution efficiencies.
Additional duties will be managing parts within our PLM system, modifying or updating print layouts, as well as label and document creation. Travel throughout the Taipei/Hsinchu areas will be constant with some travel to further regions within Taiwan and some trips to both China as well as the US to a far lesser degree.
- Create packaging solutions for products designed for/by the Meraki Hardware team
- Understand and diagnose issues with packaging with a focus on sustainability and ROI.
- Work directly with JDMs and Factories to initiate/diagnose packaging assembly for optimal labor and quality throughput
- Create and manage part management within Oracle Agile PLM
- Source new materials for optimal packaging creation and sustainability
- Constant communication with the team based in the US for project updates and details
- 5+ years of packaging development and project management experience
- SolidWorks/Creo, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Oracle Agile expertise
- Pallet/Distribution modeling skills to evaluate cost analysis and efficiencies
- ISTA Testing knowledge and experience
- Factory/JDM/Line experience a plus!
- Experience in Project Management (PMP a plus!)
- BA/BS degree in Design or Package Engineering/Design
- Above average skills in English/Mandarin literacy
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.