Project Manager (Early in Career) - Poland
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Job TypeEarly in Career
Program Start Date: September 2023
Location: Krakow, Poland (We follow a hybrid work approach, you will be expected to work on state days in the office)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference then the Associate Project Manager (aPM) role is the right challenge for you.
What you will do as an Associate Project Manager:
In this role, you’ll be part of an actively growing Customer Experience (CX) team. Cisco CX organization helps customers optimize their network investment and speed adoption and migration of advanced technologies. A key component of the CX portfolio is our Project Management capability and expertise. While your career will be developing some travel may be required. You’d be provided with training in your first months, followed by hands-on training on projects assisted by an experienced Cisco Project Manager.
For the Associate Project Manager, day-to-day means:
- Successful completion of customer projects ensuring that the project objectives, customer acceptance criteria and internal performance metrics are achieved.
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements such as H&S, compliance with contractual obligations, ISO certification requirements and Cisco policies and processes at all times.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, subcontractor partners and project team members and ensuring the accuracy of project data in internal tools and systems.
- Assisting program managers or senior project managers in performing project administration activities.
What we can offer you:
- Understanding of core Project Management knowledge areas according to PMI with a focus on the triple constraint: time-scope/quality-cost.
- Opportunity to shadow technology professionals and understand a broad range of Cisco Technologies
- Opportunity to earn Cisco and Industry Certifications (CCNA, CAPM)
- Interaction with Cisco employees and clients all over the world
- A competitive salary and generous benefits
- Being part of a diverse and international team composed of people with different backgrounds and areas of expertise
- Dedicate part of your time to lead/be part of Cisco’s internal initiatives where you can deliver results by applying your creativity and motivation to make a difference.
What you will need to be eligible for aPM role:
- You have a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Financial Management or ICT field; you are graduating in 2023 or already graduated recently; equivalent experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- You are fluent in English (fluency in German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish or Turkish would be an asset)
- Project management (ex. CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2) and/or ITIL certification is a great plus
- You are able to begin full-time employment in September 2023
- Able to live and work in Poland, without any additional visa support or sponsorship.
What skills you will need to succeed:
- You have strong organizational and leadership skills
- You have interest in technology and understand technical issues, and can leverage technical expertise of others
- You produce quality work under pressure with immediate deadlines
- You are able to adjust to a rapidly changing environment and prioritize your activities/set the right expectations with your internal and external stakeholders.
- You have written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
Are you ready to change the World?
Make your mark on the businesses of the future and apply now
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.