Project Manager - Customer Delivery, SP
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Service Provider
Project Manager - Customer Delivery, SP
What You'll Do:
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering a complex multi-technology, multi-vendor and/or multi-component project with a high business significance and profile. The role will focus on the successful delivery of the project to accomplish stated business outcomes, on time and profitable, quality delivery of the agreed contractual commitments, while maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
- · Lead and manage the end-to-end project encompassing the requirements, plan, design, test, control, integration and transition/closure of Large Scale, Multi-Vendor, Multi-Technology, and Enterprise Level Solution(s).
- · Ensure the various projects in his/her project are aligned and integrated & ensure that any necessary changes to the individual projects are agreed and communicated to the various stakeholders.
- · Perform overall project-level planning, manage budgets, define project/program and PMO structure, develop an overarching roadmap, associated integrated schedule, define stakeholders along with Governance, a communications plan, meetings and reporting cadence; manage issues/risks/change and escalations to closure
- · Identify staffing requirements and manages Program and Project Managers; manage vendors and/or procurement to achieve Cost, Schedule, Quality goals
- · Accurately forecast, track, and report on overall project costs, revenue, and profitability
- · Drives the Project to meet or exceed defined performance metrics; oversee projects and project managers; mentor and develop team members; proactively manage efforts to achieve successful outcomes
- · Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change management handling between customer, partner & account teams
- · Add value to both customer and Cisco
- · Lead and support organizational changes and improvements
- · Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders (Customer, Sales, Services, Business Units, Executives, etc.)
- · Ensure the capture of lessons learned and best practices to share and leverage within the PM community
- · Communicates effectively with Executives and stakeholders(s) to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies
- · Identify further growth opportunities within customer environment and engages with sales partners for pursuit; as opportunities warrant, develop and present proposals, support scoping, cost modeling, margin analysis, and negotiation of final agreements; Contributes to the evaluation and redesign of Services Project Offerings
- · Elicits stakeholder feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction and direction
Who You'll Work with:
The Project Manager will need to work with senior stakeholders across various units within Cisco from the Services teams, Sales / Account teams, Engineering and development teams and Product specialists. On top of that, you will need to interface with various levels of stakeholders within the Client side to ensure that the Project progress is explained, understood and any actions are executed, maintaining client satisfaction.
Who You Are:
- · 10+ years’ experience managing and leading large projects.
- · Professional PMI certification PMP, PgMP or equivalent. At minimum must understand formal project management methodology
- · Fluent or business level in both Japanese and English
- · Adaptable and able to function well within a highly dynamic environment, and can bring much needed stability and discipline
- · Able to remain calm under pressure
- · Strong leadership capabilities and able to provide vision and strategic direction to the team
- · Highly effective at managing conflict. Is able to address issues between stakeholders swiftly in order to maintain a positive team spirit that is consistent with Cisco values
- · Extensive systems integration experience, covering multiple-vendor solutions and 3rd party developments
- · Understanding of Software development lifecycle and delivery methodology, including Agile based PM frameworks
- · Well versed in core PMI competencies including time, cost and scope management, stakeholder, governance and communication management, risk management and quality management
- · Experience with navigating various environments where culture and structure varies within the organization with political navigation skills
- · Strong Negotiation skills: Reaches mutually satisfactory agreements by focusing on interests rather than positions. Includes active listening, interpersonal skills and careful preparation.
- · Partner & Vendor Relationships: Obtains and maintains the highest value from vendors and partners; identifies emerging and long-term requirements
- · Consulting capabilities and experience is strongly preferred including capabilities to influence, interface with CxOs and navigate political landscapes
- · Understanding of the unique holistic needs required to execute a collaboration specific project is required (i.e. migration activities, operational readiness, adoption, etc.)
- · Willing and able to travel regularly and frequently (as needed) to develop the necessary relationship with the customer and deliver the projects benefits.