Project Coordinator-Office of the CIO
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Who We Are
Today’s sophisticated business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need extraordinary talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions (DES) team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and utilize the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
Our team is focused, agile, innovative, and fun. We lead small- and large-scale CIO and DES initiatives and events and use data and insights to inspire our teams and lead change. We communicate our CIO vision and strategy internally and with external audiences.
In this high impact role, you will assist in the planning, and coordinating the organization's events globally.
- Assistant events lead in the production and coordination of large-scale events globally including Cisco Live IT Leadership Program, Tradeshow Demos, Technology Sessions and IT Workshops, Regional Roadshows, and Industry Events.
- Work collaboratively with the CIO events team to supervise the DES global events' portfolio.
- Support the logistics for global external events that directly involve DES leadership.
Who You'll Work With
As part of the corporate events team, you will work closely with the Director of Corporate Events, the Senior Event Planner, and Project Managers.
Who You Are
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and committed event coordinator with experience assisting in the coordination of events, meetings and conferences.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly enthusiastic coordinator with a collaborative approach, is skilled at navigating a highly matrixed organization, and is deeply committed to continuous innovation in global technology organizations.
- Schedules planning and partner meetings and coordinates all meeting requirements
- Collaborate closely with the event team on project deliverables and ensure projects plans and timelines are updated
- Responsible for researching and collecting pricing and quotes from vendors
- Produce presentations and visuals as needed
- Reviews contracts to ensure they match approved budgets and handle financial reconciliation
- Assists with preparing and shipping of on-site materials.
- Acts as on-site staff as needed
- Curious, innovative, hardworking, attention to detail, inclusive and digitally-savvy
- Have a sense of humor, and bring an infectious, fun, creative, and forward-thinking energy to the table
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses.
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.