Program Manager for Client Optics Group
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Program Manager for the Client Optics Group
Role & Responsibilities
● Lead cross-functional program teams in the planning, definition and execution of Optical module new product introduction projects within the Cisco Client Optics portfolio with a focus on Product hardware development and qualification.
● Drive definition and closure of project requirements, project plans/schedules, and resource needs. Serve as a primary owner of program commitments.
● Actively manage project schedules and risks, as well as providing consistent program status and progress against objectives.
● Manage projects that involve significant technical & business complexity requiring communication, collaboration and conflict resolution across various organizations within Cisco.
● Coordinate with Client Optics Engineering team and component suppliers to drive activities and issue resolution related to optics module development and qualification.
● Work collaboratively with Client Optics Engineering, Product Marketing, Platform Teams, Central Engineering, Finance, and other cross functional teams.
● Conduct weekly/bi-weekly status meetings with Cisco stakeholders and suppliers.
● B.S or higher degree in an Electrical or Computer Engineering Discipline required.
● Deep understanding of hardware development methodology and interdependencies with other functions.
● Good understanding of optics manufacturing processes/flows, ASIC fabrication processes/flows and SW development methodology are a plus.
● Project budget planning and spend management experience required.
● Five years of previous Engineering program management experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in program management of optical module development projects.
● Good written and personal communication skills.
● Ability to motivate, negotiate and hold teams accountable for commitments.
● Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage a high level of complexity.
● Strong technical and analytical skills.
● MS Excel, Project, and Powerpoint skills required.