Manager, Business Operations - Licensing
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Intent Based Networking (IBN) Strategy & Operations team is seeking an experienced, organized, and motivated Manager, Business Operations - Licensing to drive success of the Licensing Strategy across Cisco. You are a strategic thinker, self starter & highly motivated individual with a passion to work across various Business Entities and Cross-functional partners. You'll work closely with multiple organizations (e.g. Product Management, Sales, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Governance etc.) to drive multiple work streams which may include shaping Cisco’s Licensing strategy, gaining consensus on the various licensing technical and/or business attributes, and project managing to define and roll out multiple Licensing related Go-To Market Strategies. Although the immediate need is for the Licensing Project, this role will extend to other Cisco IBNG priorities in the future.
You will have strong communication and organization skills, an analytical mind, and be able to manage multiple projects/events at a time.
- Maintaining and updating team documents, project plans and/or playbooks
- Ability to multi-task many events and projects at one time
- Learning and adapting quickly to fill in gaps so that projects/events are completed successfully and on time.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of solid analysis skills, developing data-driven analyses and models, turning them into insights for decision making
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving team environment
- Track record of excellent strategic planning, project management, problem solving & time management skills
- Track record of experience initiating and driving projects to completion
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to work independently with cross functional teams
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to prioritize on your own, and delegate tasks when appropriate
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and drive projects from inception through to successful conclusion
- Confident problem solver who operates as a solutions-oriented team member
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.