Production Test Engineer
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
This is an opportunity to work within a group of exceptional software engineers to develop and support one of the world's leading security products. A successful candidate will be tasked with maintaining and supporting a growing complex application stack including such technologies as Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, and many others all hosted on Amazon’s AWS cloud. We are experts at discovering hard to find bugs, keeping the site up and running, and working with other business groups to support our fast-growing business.
We have a dynamic environment that encourages employees to craft, hone their talents and skills every single day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a talented Product Test Engineer to work with the production engineering development team ND customer support you to ensure that suggested solutions meet the quality needs of Cisco AMP For Endpoints.
You will be tasked with;
- Investigate production issues
- Debugging slow SQL queries
- Investigating customer problems
- Testing fixes before release to production
- Improving continuous Integration processes
- Designing strategies for language and library upgrades
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in software development or testing role
- Have a Linux operating systems background
- Experience in automation test development using; Ruby, Go or Python
- You have some practical experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Familiar with Message queues and Caches
- Willingness to continually learn
- Proficient writing object-oriented code
- Ability to identify test cases and what to automate
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or equivalent web framework
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. GoCD, Jenkins)
- Exposure with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure services
- Background with Chef and Kubernetes
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will influence everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company (Cisco was the title sponsor at Chic Geek's Geeky Summit in 2017/2018.) We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.