Senior Product Strategy Manager - IoT
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
The Internet is becoming the “Internet of Everything”, and “Things” are driving an explosion in the number of connected devices as well as the volume of data: The “Internet of Things” or “IoT”. Cisco's industry-leading, cloud-based IoT platform enables companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. We are building a world-class team to develop the next generation IoT Software Platform.
Cisco is searching for a Product Strategy Manager that understands the customers and technology market. By gaining insight into these opportunities, you will recommend solutions and execute on product development. Products need pricing and packaging definitions as well as forecasts, analysis, and pricing strategies. Be ready to work closely with sales, product, finance, engineering and legal to launch new products and solutions. Reporting tools and analytical mindset will be meaningful in this role.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of a Cisco IoT Product Management group responsible for delivering and running the business of IoT SaaS Products. You will use tools and techniques related to big data analytics, machine learning, and advanced visualization across cloud and desktop platforms.
Who You Are
At a minimum, we expect you to have 5+ years of experience in product management, strategy, and/or data analysis. A BA/BS in Business, Finance or related field would be advantageous. Key traits are high level of intellectual curiosity, taking accountability and ownership, ability to keep moving the ball forward.
You will also have:
- Experience with understanding customer and market needs
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research
- Experience synthesizing quantitative and qualitative insights
- Operational experience with sales and product analytics
- Advanced knowledge with Excel
- Ability to tailor insights to present clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoy working independently, with a team, and autonomously
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco