Product Sales Specialist Data Center USPS
Location:Offsite, Michigan, US
Additional Location(s)Indiana or Ohio
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a Product Sales Specialist (PSS) responsible for selling Data Center (DC) technologies in Commercial Sales. In this position, you will be facilitating the success of Cisco account teams in selling specific DC products and technologies related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. You will also be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota, as well as have the technical selling skills needed for the role.
Who You'll Work With
A successful Cisco PSS will work with Cisco Account Managers, Systems Engineers, Technical Leaders and Sales Managers to plan sales strategies, develop proposals, deliver customer presentations/demos, and close the business.
Who You Are
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in DC, server, or application networking industries
- Consistent record in leading and winning major opportunities, with the ability to work unsupervised; ability to interact as a valuable team member
- Ability to manage a long and complex sales cycle
- Experienced in multi-level selling, comfortable influencing CxO, IT Managers, Purchasing, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good listening and strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of DC Architectures and Services incorporating Applications, Servers, Storage, and DC Switching technologies
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple levels of the organizations (Account Managers, technical leaders, Partners, Channels, etc.)
- Requires a solutions sales approach versus a product “box drop”
- This person should be able to work well in teams, understand Cisco's Commercial engagement model and create a win-win environment for key technology partners
- Position requires a passion for driving strategies; a strong personality with demonstrated leadership skills working in a complex matrix organization; a strong presence and credibility established with the client base and internally
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.