Product Quality Engineer (Intern) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestQuality Assurance
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do:
As a Product Quality Engineer intern your responsibilities vary by the function and project that you are working in. You could be responsible for New Product Introduction Quality, Factory Quality and Field Quality, as well as driving systematic quality improvements, all while working in close engagements with internal stakeholders and external partners. You may ensure New Product Introductions meet quality requirements through phase gate reviews on all Hardware and Software product criteria. You may perform data analysis to detect subtle trends and identify root causes to drive continuous improvement activities and increase Customer Satisfaction. You could lead quality issues to resolution through a fault isolation, root cause, and corrective action / preventative action (CAPA) process. You would be the voice of the customer and champion Quality in a dynamic environment.
Who we Are:
The Cisco Supply Chain Operations organization is responsible for taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers. Whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. As part of the Operations, Processes and Systems team, Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in more than 50 locations around the world.
Enabling Today's Business, Preparing for the Future:
In Supply Chain Operations we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco's business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing a standout customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. Cisco is also committed to social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain. We work with our suppliers to maintain a sustainable supply chain that meets our standards for ethics, labor practices, health and safety, and the environment.
We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where daily we demonstrate Cisco’s daring competitive spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it's become an exciting time to be part of the Supply Chain Operations team.
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree (BS/BA/etc), in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent Technical concentration
- You serve as a Team Leader for key projects, and a key contributor in multi-functional teams.
- You act as a technical contributor with the ability to communicate complex technical details.
- You constantly look for and identify systemic process improvements by thinking "creatively".
- You have confidence interacting with Managers and Directors in various business functions across the company.
- You have the ability to lead multiple technical projects while meeting deadlines.
- You have a high level of motivation and energy.
- You can be a change agent to improve execution and collaboration.
- You possess the ability to work independently.
- You are proficient in networking product manufacturing, test, assembly, quality, failure analysis, and reliability knowledge and experience.
- You are familiar with Telcordia Standards around (predicted) Mean-Time-Between-Failure (pMTBF) a plus.
- Able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!