Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
The Cisco Advanced Threat engineering team is looking for a strong and collaborative Scrum Master with energy and enthusiasm in the security space. You'll be a key player in leading our engineering efforts to build a new cloud-based security product that further extends the overall Cisco Security portfolio vision and strategy. In this role as a Scrum Master, you will act as the evangelist of all things Agile. You will apply authoritative judgment to keep teams focused, remove impediments and deliver success in a fast-paced environment. You have a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a delivery-focused, highly collaborative culture within the team. Success in the role requires you to support and enable the success of your team, develop stellar cross-functional relationships at multiple levels of the organization, and demonstrate strong technical skills and business acumen.
- Facilitate the Scrum process of planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives with team and Product Owner.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent teams from delivering objectives
- Lead and contribute to the decision-making process and facilitate conflict resolution
- Adopt, mentor, and evangelize Agile values and principles in the team
- Focus more on delivery and results rather than ideology
- Define and refine Agile metrics to understand and communicate team performance.
- Work with management and other leaders to continually identify and implement team process improvements
Who You'll Work With
As a Scrum Master, you will be a member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. Our team is a highly performant group that has successfully delivered multiple enterprise-grade security products and are involved in all stages of product life cycle from conception to development, go-to-market, and ongoing support of our customers.
Who You Are
- Strong technical aptitude, and experience with both application and platform components
- You can work with one or more teams to delivery timely, quality releases that provide high business value and exceed customer expectations.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- You have strong experience with Agile principles and can drive our engineering and process improvement efforts utilizing Agile/Lean Processes
- You work with your team to understand the mission and believe that deep team ownership results in better success
- You possess an inner level of confidence that allows you to lead some days and follow on others based on what is needed for the desired outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast changes with an ability to adapt as needed
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean software environment
- Experience in leading process improvement efforts
- One or more related certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
- Understanding of design thinking principles
- Demonstrates initiative and competence; supports and encourages positive working behaviors in others
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!