Location:Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
Cisco provides one of the industry’s most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolios of products and solutions. Our threat-centric and operational approach to security reduces complexity, while providing superior visibility, continuous control, and advanced threat protection across the extended network and the entire attack continuum.
What You'll Do
The Security Business Group is looking to hire an experienced Product Owner to join the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Team in Boxborough, MA. We are high performing, experienced Agile adopters encompassing a dedicated engineering organization and joint ventures with other Cisco Security product groups.
Join a dynamic team that has deployed product on over 140 million of the latest devices including Apple iOS, Android, MacOS, and Windows Universal platforms.
Who You Are
- You have a background with building relationships and operating models with Product Managers to deliver results based on the organization’s product vision and strategy.
- You can clearly express the vision in understandable Product Backlog
- Experience with providing visible product backlog, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum team will work on next
- You have experience analyzing and breaking down business problems into deliverable increments that align with the vision and strategy.
- You can work with one or more teams to deliver timely, high-quality releases that provide high business value and exceed customer expectations.
- Have strong experience with Agile principles and can drive our engineering and process improvement efforts utilizing Agile Principles.
- You are comfortable partnering with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute comprehensive plans for customer feedback
- You have developed prioritized product backlog by writing user stories and defining priorities for the development team.
- You appreciate the feedback from your team members and factor that into the backlog to get the best outcomes for our customers.
- You can coordinate activities with other departments such as Operations, Customer Support and Sales Engineering to deliver new product functionality.
Role & Responsibilities
- Define, prioritize, and schedule new product features and ongoing development work for mobile and desktop clients. Refine objectives on a per-sprint basis and create user stories, acceptance criteria, and epic requirements
- Actively participate in and contribute to discussions pertaining to architecture, product vision, and scoping
- Work collaboratively with other groups such as quality, escalation, documentation, UI/UX, and marketing
- Manage beta programs with internal and external stakeholders
- BSCS or BA in business coupled with 4+ years experience as a Product Owner (or 5+ years experience in software development or quality assurance testing); or MSCS or MBA with 2+ years experience as a product owner or related experience
- Strong understanding of the software development product cycle, including Agile methodologies
- Experience with tailoring Agile methodologies to specific team requirements, and/or experience with CA Agile Central, Jira, or other Agile tools are a plus.
- Passion for security technology, plus a solid understanding of security concepts such as SSL, digital certificates, etc.
- Working understanding of endpoint operating systems (including iOS and/or Android), and desktop operating systems (including Windows, MacOS, or Linux).
- Track record of executing precise, detail-oriented procedures with completeness and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with engineers, product managers, customers, and managers.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.