Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Product Owner, Calgary
What You'll Do
You'll be a key player in leading our engineering efforts and helping to build products that implement our product portfolio vision and strategy. The Cisco AMP engineering team is looking for a strong, collaborative Product Owner with energy and enthusiasm for technology and security. As a product owner, you will play a significant role in delivering high-quality security solutions by collaborating with key stakeholders and development teams. You understand that what is being asked is not always the answer and will seek to find the best outcomes for our customers. You will utilize Agile principles to maximize the value of our product so that we can continuously create, develop and deliver a successful product
Who You’ll work with:
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled cross-functional individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment. The AMP team is a highly performant group that are involved with all stages of the product lifecycle from conception to development, go-to-market and support of our clients.
Who You Are
- You can build collaborative relationships and operating models with Product Managers to deliver results based on the organization’s product vision and strategy.
- You can clearly express the vision in understandable Product Backlog
- Your Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum team will work on next
- You have experience analyzing and breaking down business problems into deliverable increments that align with the vision and strategy.
- You can work with one or more teams to deliver timely, high quality releases that provide high business value and exceed customer expectations.
- You have strong experience with Agile principles and can drive our engineering and process improvement efforts utilizing Agile Principles.
- You are experienced in facilitating and breaking down problems in cases where the requirements gathering becomes complex.
- You have experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute comprehensive plans for customer feedback
- You have developed prioritized product backlog by writing user stories and defining priorities for the development team.
- You appreciate the feedback from your team members and factor that into the backlog to get the best outcomes for our customers.
- You can coordinate activities with other departments such as Operations, Customer Support and Sales Engineering to deliver new product functionality.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst or Product Manager designing or developing software
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean software environment
- Experience in leading process improvement efforts
- Understanding of data modeling, object modeling, and OO design principles
- Demonstrates initiative and competence; supports and encourages positive working behaviors in others
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.