Product Owner / Service Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You’ll Do
We need ambitious and skilled people who can help lead us in our agile transformation while deploying Cisco's best-in-the-world networking! As the Agile Product Owner you'll help deliver User Stories and Capabilities in our network products and services and align them for Supply Chain Partner environment playing the Service Manager role supporting Supply Chain Partner Network Infra environment.
To deliver these User Stories and Capabilities you'll be participating in the increment planning, scrums, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives. As a Product Owner you will also work with the other teams in a scrum-of-scrums as part of portfolio planning exercises. Work independently, receive minimal guidance and direction from manager then figure out the best approach to accomplish work.
Who You’ll Work With
You will join Cisco IT's awesome networking team, a global group of service managers, product managers, scrum masters, analysts, software engineers and network engineers to deliver all of the Cisco premise-based networks. This team is responsible for all wired / wireless connectivity in Cisco buildings and outsourced partner locations and the WAN connecting the remote sites back to the main campuses. We enjoy showcasing the latest and the greatest Cisco products by using them in real-world situations to provide elite network capabilities to the people who work at Cisco!
Who You Are
You are a fun, passionate and vocal leader with a strong interest in how Cisco employees use the network and in particular how Supply Chain functions as a part of that. You're comfortable driving optimization of large scale budgets of telecom spend and working with our service provider partners. You’re highly synergetic and have a successful track record engaging across teams with multiple business partners. Your superb interpersonal and influencing skills, coupled with your experience providing Infrastructure services and solutions, are key to making an impact. Knowledge of Supply Chain function would be preferred as the strategy involves interactions with Supply Chain Business Functions & External Partners as part of Service Transformation & Standardization.
- Typically requires BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology/Systems or equivalent plus 6+ years applicable experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering WAN services and solutions, including leading change globally and regionally.
- A proven capability to work with large-scale enterprise procurement services, Supply Chain Operations & Business Functions, network service providers (including during contract negotiation, service enablement and operation).
- Good conceptual understanding of how LAN & WAN technologies work, and how optimizing using new technologies to align to Corporate standards.
- Business case / budget analysis and feature comparison as part of Supply Chain Partner billing, Network infra issues, new & secure technology rollout, connection remediation.
- 3+ years confirmed experience using agile methodologies; Agile Scrum Master and/or SAFe (Leading Safe) is preferred.
- Familiarity with circuit ordering and delivery, Supply Chain Lifecycle would be an added advantage.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx