Product Offer Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do:
Cisco is hiring a Security Business Group Operations Product Offer Manager. This role will help drive large transformation projects across the Security portfolio. Our goal is to make Security products easier to buy and easier to sell, with a focus on improving the customer experience throughout the product life cycle. We will also help to harmonize product set up in CCW, SBP, and eGenie to achieve our goal of creating a more integrated portfolio of security products.
In this role you will help define, develop, and implement standard offer configurations and order workflows in CCW for a range of product consumption models, from cloud to new models that transform traditional term based HW into HW subscription. You will use your configuration expertise to guide product managers on best practices for NPI product set up, including offer attribution, methods of fulfillment, licensing workflows, and mid-term upgrade workflows. You will also help harmonize the portfolio by identifying and eliminating differences in product set ups that make selling bundles of products more difficult. Using your product portfolio knowledge you will define new tool functionality to improve the customer product consumption experience and work with tool owners to create and implement the new functionality.
Who You'll Work With:
You will work across a range of teams both inside and outside of the Security Business Group. To guide NPI set ups you will work with product managers, engineering teams, functional managers, and supply chain stakeholders. As you help define new workflows to improve the customer ordering experience you will work with tool owners in CCW, SBP, and eGenie. You will also work with licensing experts, renewal teams, and fulfillment experts as you improve the customer ordering experience throughout the product lifecycle. You will also provide direction as well as communicate, consult with, and influence all levels of management. We do amazing work, we support and have each other’s backs, and we are relentless in our dream to be the trusted experts to teams across the Security Business.
Who You Are:
As an Operations Product Offer Manager you understand the customer ordering experience across a range of products and consumption models. Your expertise in CCW, SBP, and eGenie allow you to navigate product set up to optimize customer ordering and future customer interactions using Cisco tools throughout the product lifecycle. Your understanding of Security products across the portfolio and the different consumption models used by these products makes you a valued expert to product managers, tool owners, and all levels of Security management. You are a trusted advisor to the Security team working in the following areas:
· Leverage your understanding of Partner and Distributor channel sales to make Security products easy for the channel to buy and easy for end-customers to consume.
· Optimize NPI set up applying your knowledge of various product consumption models including public cloud, private cloud, data stored or consumed, number of flows processed, and other used by Security products.
· Generate product reports that combine various data sets to gain new insights on how the customer order experience can be improved and how product set ups can be changed to increase product portfolio harmonization
· Bachelors degree, plus 8 years of related experience (or a Masters degree, plus 4 years of related experience).
· Strong understating of product configuration options in both CCW and SBP
· Possess strong analytical skills to manage complex projects with minimal supervision.
· Excellent understanding of Cisco order workflows and ordering tool configurations
· Ability to make social connections, interpret customs and culture of both Cisco and Partners/Distributors.
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
· An understanding Cisco’s tier 1 and tier 2 order flow process, including how quotes are generated by partners and distributors vs end-customers.
· Knowledge of Cisco’s order renewal work functions and practices.
· Understanding of HW NPI release process and OWB SaaS NPI release process
· Knowledge of product licensing and fulfillment.
· Ability to gather data from different Cisco tools, such as Oracle and eGenie, to combine the data and gain new insights into how product order configuration impacts the partner/customer order and renewal experience.
· Understanding of Security products and how they are used by our customers, products such as DUO, Firepower, Stealthwatch, Umbrella, AMP, and others.
· Knowledge of public cloud billing and product usage practices
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!