Product Marketing Manager - Wireless Access Networking
Location:Offsite, Boston, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Remote- United States
What You'll Do
Cisco is an industry leader in Wireless and Switching. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager for an exciting opportunity in the Cisco Access Networking Solution Marketing Team. You will play a critical role in driving marketing efforts to help enhance awareness, advance thought leadership, support both lead generation and sales growth for key initiatives. As a part of the Product Marketing team, you’ll help shape our product marketing and go-to-market strategy, develop differentiated positioning in the market, and work closely with product, sales, and customer teams to help bring new solutions to market.
- Be the master storyteller and develop content. Craft clear, compelling, and differentiated messaging based on deep understanding of target personas and buying center dynamics. Validate messaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in tandem with the integrated marketing campaign team to ensure effective lead-generation efforts. Campaign responsibilities include but are not limited to identification of solution(s) to be promoted, market segmentation, and messaging and content creation for global audiences
- Collaborate and partner across marketing, product management, sales, AR/PR and other business teams to define and execute the global Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy and marketing plans for the businesses.
- Support seller-enablement teams with valuable, easy-to-consume content and sales tools to cover the entire sales cycle – from prospecting to closing
- Drive global launches with the extended GTM ecosystem
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of product portfolio, market dynamics, and competitive landscape.
Who You Are
You are a highly skilled marketing professional. You lead when creating a compelling story around your product that is exciting and compelling to your customers.
Aside from being a master storyteller, you are
- Passionate about marketing
- Comfortable with the challenge of learning new things and working cross-functionally
- Finding simple and effective ways to communicate solutions to customers
- Taking a structured and proactive approach to developing messaging and positioning
- Highly proactive, skilled at independently initiating, leading and measuring projects
- A self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-growth technology environment
- At least 7+ years of total product marketing experience in enterprise
- At least 3 years of product marketing or product management experience in networking, or security.
- A proven track record (supported by samples of work) of creating content, incorporating messaging and storytelling, while distilling down complex concepts into simple succinct compelling messages for multiple audiences (sales, customer, partner)
- You possess strong writing and presentation skills- you build simple, clear content targeted for social, visual, written and multi-media consumption.
- You are comfortable presenting to small groups, internal partners, and external communities.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business / Marketing or equivalent experience. MBA or master’s degree is a plus.
- Flexible to travel, once or twice a year – when it is safe to do so.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.