Product Marketing Manager - Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Remote- Can be located anywhere in the United States
What You'll Do
You will join a team shaping the future of cybersecurity. Cisco has the broadest portfolio of security products and services in the world. Using our platform approach, they work together to tackle customer problems faster, and they are integrated with our networking portfolio to drive security into the fabric of our customers’ environment. We are looking for hard-working, fast, creative product marketers to help communicate the outcomes and benefits of our application security solutions. With a bias towards action, you will act as an evangelist for cybersecurity within Cisco, enabling over 17,000 account manager sellers, partners, and fellow marketers to amplify these security benefits. You are the voice of the customer inside Cisco, crafting simple visual assets (e.g. presentations, videos, infographics) and other results to communicate the stories. Responsibilities include:
- Drawing business benefits from technology
- Compelling sellers to pitch our message through engaging storytelling
- Demonstrate and communicate
- Understanding security concepts such as Zero Trust, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), and Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
- Learning how to help customers improve their buying power
- Collaborating with remote and geographically dispersed teams
- Representing our customers in driving simplicity throughout the business
Who You'll Work With
You will be a key member of a team charged with helping customers address one of their biggest security challenges: complexity. Your sole mission is to demonstrate how Cisco Secure is making security easier to use, easier to consume, and easier to understand. You will be in the security product marketing team and maintain a collaborative working relationship with sales, strategy, and operations, and peer product marketing managers.
Who you are:
You will be an experienced product marketing manager with security knowledge who relishes a challenge. You will:
- Draw business benefits from technology
- Compel sellers to pitch our message through engaging storytelling
- Be knowledgeable of application security trends and concepts
- Understand security concepts such as Zero Trust, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), and Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
- Learn about how customers use problems
- Collaborate with remote and geographically dispersed teams
You will also have:
- Initiative and self-discipline to prioritize and manage multiple projects to completion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative writing and illustration skills that are engaging, entertaining and detailed
- Experience of working directly with customers in a consultative manner
You're an experienced product marketing manager with security knowledge who relishes a challenge. Minimum qualifications include:
- Creative writing and illustration skills that are engaging, entertaining, and detailed
- Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years of experience
- Initiative and self-discipline to prioritize and lead multiple projects to completion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working directly with customers in a consultative manner
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.