Area of InterestEngineer - Network
The Intent based networking group is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join the team responsible for Enterprise Campus switching product line.
Enterprise Campus Switching is a multi-billion$ core business for Cisco where we enjoy high market share. Cisco Enterprise networking has changed the way the industry thinks about networking with the introduction of “Intent based network (IBN)”, the team which has a reputation and history of creating Industry leading products, a testament to this is the introduction of Catalyst 9000 series switches, one of the fastest ramping product in Cisco’s history. As Cisco moves towards a more software focused strategy, this is a great time to shape the future of the switching business as we explore and identify new markets such as cloud networking. This is an exciting time to join the Enterprise Campus Switching team and help identify adjacent markets and new growth opportunities for Cisco.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a dedicated team of brilliant engineers and craft the future of campus core switching and the greater Cisco. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, has a proven track record driving innovative product in hyper-growth markets. You combine technical aptitude with business acumen, are detail-oriented, metrics-driven, and unwilling to settle for mediocrity.
- Use multiple data sources, customer and competitive insights, third party market research reports for Quantitative and qualitative market and competitive analysis to identify market trends and opportunities
- Establishing a shared vision on product strategy, roadmap, and requirements across the company
- Understand and anticipate customer needs to drive product requirements / user stories definition, product planning and product design (including writing PRDs).
- Full ownership of product lifecycle including definition, development, and launch of new products, managing product End of life, and sustainable support of existing products in the portfolio
- Engage directly and regularly with customers and partners to gain an in-depth understanding of their business processes & product needs, validate solutions & develop product champions
- Be a trusted advisor to your engineering team, working closely and coordinating the deliverables of several development teams to meet roadmap goals
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to support the creation of customer-driven messaging, sales enablement tools and thought leadership materials
- Minimum - BSEE/CS or equivalent. MBA desirable.
- Minimum 7-10 years of work experience as a product manager, preferable in networking space, with demonstrable track record of success.
- Strong technical and business knowledge of computer networking, computing, and telecommunications.
- Strategic thinker with a strong mix of product management, technology and customer experience acumen, coupled with strategic vision and proven execution.
- Has the ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced organization
Has strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of business processes and product strategy.
- A leader with an ability to influence and / or gain acceptance from senior management
Should be able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.