Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
Enterprise Switching is a Multi-billion$ core business for Cisco where we enjoy high market share. As Cisco moves towards a more software and cloud focused strategy, this is a great time to shape the future of the switching business and identify new software/cloud innovations that we can productize and bring to market. This is an exciting time to join the Enterprise Switching team and help identify new growth opportunities for Cisco. In this role, you will collaborate extensively with engineering, technical marketing engineers, user-experience designers, and peer product managers to build a cohesive strategy and see through the execution. You will also work with Cisco sales and customers to drive awareness and adoption of new solutions, and garner customers insights to drive future solution development.
What You’ll Do
You will learn how to be a maverick who has a keen eye for detail and thoughtful, data driven approach to hypothesis prior to drawing conclusions. You will learn to transition from strategy formulation to execution and delivery while driving exceptional customer experience. The culture of this team is best described as Creative product managers with low egos and a desire to transform the future of switching with innovations in switching platforms, ASICs, and software. In this role
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- infrastructure with software and further the vision of Intent-Based Networking.
- Define and manage product lifecycle for multi-billion-dollar annual revenue Cisco Switching Portfolio
- Identify, develop new innovations in cloud networking that can be productized and brought to market
- Use multiple data sources, customer and competitive insights, third party market research reports for Quantitative and qualitative market and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities and adjacent markets
- Influence Cross-functionally across various stakeholders to bring new products to market
- Develop go to market strategy and collateral to articulate the value proposition for new products and solutions.
- Collaborate with finance team to define and develop financial model, ROI model and target metrics
- Evangelize Cisco switching product portfolio with sales, partners and customers alike; represent Cisco Switching products at customer meeting and Industry trade events
Who you are
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and energetic individual who has a strong mix of product management, technology and customer experience acumen, coupled with strategic vision and proven execution. You should have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic and competitive environment. You have strong analytical skills and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and product strategy. Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales. You should be able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role in networking, security or cloud
- Strong understanding of networking technologies like enterprise switching and WLAN or security technologies including usability and manageability
- You have a data driven approach to problem solving and pay attention to detail without losing sight of the big-picture.
- Experience in SaaS business models and cloud architecture and deployment environments a strong plus
- Great written and verbal communications skills (Industry presentations and/or presentations to senior executive)
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional team
- Keen Attitude towards customer enablement and adoption