Product Manager and Business Lead - Cloud Remote Access
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services.
What we do
We are building on our cloud infrastructure to provide remote access to applications wherever user and application reside. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new product line and leave your unique stamp on the product and business. OpenDNS was acquired by Cisco in August 2015. Our product is now known as Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. We are always building new capabilities into the platform and growing our loyal customer base.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a passionate and ambitious Product Manager to serve as business lead for a new product for Cloud Remote Access to applications. In this role, you’ll drive the product roadmap, be the voice of the customer, drive customer segment strategy, and partner with customers as they test and adopt our product.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Closely understand customer needs for specific segments / regions, using your uncanny empathy to “live” the key personas and translate their true needs into product features
- Define and adjust the product roadmap and make tradeoff / prioritization decisions
- Drive product adoption and growth for your segments / regions
- Define the go-to-market approach (e.g., pricing / packaging, segment-specific sales strategy)
- Accelerate product performance in-market in partnership with sales & marketing
- Identify, recruit, and partner with customers for field trials and deployments, partnering with Sales and Customer Success
- Evangelize the product and its capabilities to a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to create sales and marketing materials
- Work cross-functionally across Cisco, with stakeholders such as other Product Management organizations, engineering, marketing, and sales
To be successful in this role you will:
- Enjoy getting to know customers, with a high degree of empathy, and ability to translate customer needs to differentiated product features that customers love
- Communicate well (oral and written) with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Possess a passionate work ethic with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Quickly and independently learn about new technology areas and market developments. Domain knowledge in networking and security would be a plus
- Structure and build financial models, and use the insights create great financial results
- Have a background in SaaS business models and a strong knack for identifying and driving ways to increase sales
- Enjoy working in a highly agile environment, and be willing to pivot quickly
Educational / Professional Background
- BS/MS in an engineering/technical field or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years PM experience
- MBA or equivalent business knowledge strongly preferred
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us ability to learn cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.