Product Manager, User Directory - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationUS Remote
Area of InterestSecurity
Compensation Range109500 USD - 214100 USD
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider.
Duo + Cisco = Disco
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We’re transforming security from the ground up by solving the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge — safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We’re kinder than necessary.
Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that’s why we’re the most loved and trusted name in security.
What you’ll do…
Duo is looking for a User Directory Product Manager to join our Zero Trust team where you’ll play a key role in driving our Zero Trust access security strategy. In a Zero Trust environment, it is crucial to provide the right business application access enforcement to the right users at the right time in order to address the security challenges organizations face today. As a result, you will be responsible for extending Duo’s ability to provision and deprovision user accounts, while providing an excellent user experience for the IT administrator user who is managing security access. In this role, you will partner with various peers from engineering, design, customer success, sales, and senior management to execute on your vision. Your key responsibilities include:
- Drive customer research and obsess over providing IT administrators with an elegant way to automate the enforcement of business application access controls to employees.
- Focus on delivering outcomes not features.
- Create and evangelize a vision and roadmap for Duo’s user management and integration with 3rd party directories internally (e.g. with sales, engineering and other product organizations) and externally with customers and partners.
- Build and maintain a prioritization framework based on measurable inputs and objective data.
- Produce concise business case documents, presentations and product requirements documents (PRD) to enable effective product investment decisions.
- Ask “why?” to product requests from customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineers, designers, researchers, product managers, sales, customer success, support and other team members to understand problems, capture new ideas and systematically prioritize the most important projects based on business needs.
- Define product related objectives and key results (OKRs) and communicate related progress internally.
Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of the product strategy. We are responsible for delivering the best experience for our users. As the product expert, you must excel at prioritization, collaboration, and communication, while being accountable for usability, security, quality & adoption.
Skills you must have…
- 3+ years of product management experience working directly with engineering teams to plan, develop and deliver multi-tenant SaaS software products.
- Relevant experience in IT security and an understanding of the problems identity administrators and security professionals face, either by direct work experience or by building products focused in security and identity management.
- Familiarity with enterprise applications across various market segments and how customers use, access and secure them.
- A track record of defining product success, how to measure it and prioritizing feature development using that lens.
- Ability to use a mix of qualitative, theoretical insights with empirical data to inform decision making while managing requests from different groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate positioning and technology to technical, sales and executive audiences.
Reasons why you should apply…
- You love talking to customers to understand their goals, challenges, and pain points.
- You possess a highly driven and entrepreneurial personality, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You love living on the frontier of the cutting edge and inspire by creating pictures and plans for the future.
- You are comfortable initiating and managing necessary change and work effectively and efficiently through others.
- You see potential in human diversity and build bridges between different cultures and experiences to help others work together.
- You’re motivated by being an expert in your field and excel at working across diverse stakeholders, providing clarity through focus and direction.
This job may not be for you if…
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth-phase company makes you uncomfortable, or if you need well-established policies and procedures to drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you are uncomfortable communicating with various stakeholders, on an ongoing basis, to keep the customer perspective and share it with your peers!
Does this sound like it was written for you?
Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.