Product Manager, Software Buying Programs
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
The Security Business Group is a critical contributor to Cisco’s overall growth, and comprises a breadth of offerings covering many of our customer’s evolving protection needs.
You will lead the Product Management team driving the execution and development of the Software Buying Programs for the Security Business Group, reporting to the Director for Software Buying programs. This means both managing the team and owning projects yourself, extending the programs to include new technologies as they are added to the portfolio and improving the execution of, and capabilities required to support the evolving needs of the program.
You will work closely with SBG Product Management, engaging with the business leaders responsible for each of the products sold through the programs. This means understanding how each of the products are licensed and metered, defining appropriate program rules to meet the various business requirements and maintaining the programs as each of those offers evolves.
You will work closely with Finance, Sales and Operations to drive active deals and manage deal exceptions and discounting escalations.
You will work closely with OMO, CPS, OLE, and IT to enhance the platforms, policies and workflows that support the programs.
You will engage with CX to develop service offerings that can be sold alongside the programs and that provide the necessary support for customers to adopt and fully utilize these strategic investments.
You will engage with Sales and Marketing to develop and maintain the necessary collateral to support the field and channel in positioning, selling and growing program investment by customers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated capability to deliver results in a cross-functional environment
- Have worked on software pricing and packaging for both SaaS and subscription software models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex topics to a range of audiences, tailoring content and messaging to suit the audience’s need
- Familiarity with Security applications, in general, is strongly preferred
- 8-10 years of work experience with 2+ years in a manager role