Product Manager - Optics
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Organization: Transceiver Module Group (TMGBU)
In the Cisco Transceiver Module Group we build the future of connectivity for switches, routers and servers.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Manager within our group you will have the responsibilities for optical transceivers, owning every aspect of the product throughout the product lifecycle - from the market exploration, requirements definition through execution, go to market, end of sale and transition. Product Managers are empowered, trusted and leaders.
About the Job:
· Responsible for P&L and forecasting
· You partner with Cisco customers and cross functional teams to define product and technology requirements documents (PRD) and priorities.
· You will develop and formulate product pricing strategies
· Engage in cross-functional interlocks with various organizations (sales, engineering, manufacturing)
· Create GTM strategies, articulates value propositions, competitive advantages, using social media and communication platforms our customers use
Who Are You
You are a passionate person, eager to learn and grow.
- · You have a BSEE degree, MBA or advanced Engineering degree preferred.
- · You have 5+ years of experience in Product Management roles.
- · You have the ability to work independently.
- · You possess strong analytical skills to break a problem into smaller solvable pieces.
- · You have strong communication skills to engage effectively with key stakeholders, and articulate complex issues clearly.
- · You have the ability to build relationships with peers, partners and customers.
- · You have experience managing multiple issues and initiatives simultaneously.
Technical Domain Knowledge
- · Desirable proficiency in pluggable optics and understanding of relevant key concepts (e.g. modulation formats, optical multiplexing, direct detection, coherent, fiber types, error correction, protocols, form factors, etc.).
- · Technical background to understand applications at a high-level (e.g. Data Centers, Service Provider Networks and Campus Networks, among others).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco