Product Manager - NaaS Experience - Network Services Business Unit
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAny Americas Location
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Network Services Business Unit (NSBU)
Product Manager – NaaS Experience
Location: SF Bay Area (preferred), US locations
Posting: Cisco Internal and External
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products and capabilities that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are passionate about new innovative way to deliver value to customers. Working at Cisco across network and security teams means being surrounded by intelligent and creative people who are determined to reinvent network and security industry with innovative products and services.
What we do
Cisco Network Services team is transforming the way networking and security is delivered with a cloud-first approach. Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. This is an exciting opportunity to get in from the start of a strategic initiative that will drive our overall transformation to as-a-service offers.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to research, identify, and own products and offers that would extend across Cisco’s Networking and Security portfolios to deliver new value to customers. For example - What are the problems that really prevent users from being productive in their work? Can we predict what may impact the application experience and remediate before it happens? If things go wrong, can we fix it for our customers?
In this position, you will define the requirements for new innovative E2E customer experience when using Cloud-enabled network and security services. You will leverage data streams coming from millions of sources to further simplify and improve the experience.
You will partner with product and engineering teams that are focused on delivering groundbreaking innovation from hardware, through software, and all the way to the cloud.
You will collaborate with the executive team to establish the products’ roadmap and strategy, outline collaboration with other business units and external companies, Sales, Support, and Marketing.
We are changing the way the industry thinks about networking and security, and you will lead the charge to continue the evolution by creating something new, innovative, and disruptive.
- Define and prioritize core use cases, supported by customer and competitive research, and sales insights
- Author user stories and drive agile product planning with engineering
- Define initial proofs of concept in partnership with engineering. Integrate findings into the product roadmap
- Assess the market opportunity and forecast projected revenue and market share
- Create an and end-to-end product experience that is simple to deploy and easy to manage, partnering with UX
- Evangelize the product strategy internally (with sales, engineering, other product organizations) and externally (with customers and partners)
- Identify and prioritize internal Cisco product integrations, partnering with appropriate business units within the company
- Drive customer adoption through all phases of the product including pilot, beta, and launch
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be passionate about crafting market leading products with excellent user experience
- Establish a strong vision for the product across the organization
- Have a strong background in SaaS application development and go-to-market models
- Have technical expertise with SaaS delivery models, with an understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics.
- Understand the operational aspects of delivering SaaS products
- Data driven and analytics-based focus
- Have a hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
- Confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
- Be a great written and verbal communicator
- 7-10 years of Product Management experience in an agile environment
- Entrepreneurship, creative problem-solving skills, and a strong desire to make an impact
- Expertise in Design Thinking methodologies and working with UX
- Ability to dig into how complex things work, and determining how to make them simpler
- Ability to collaborate with multiple product management groups and other functional teams