Product Manager - MBA Rotational Program (Intern) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Security
This internship is a gateway to Cisco’s full-time MBA Job Rotation Program (JRP). The JRP provides the opportunity for recent MBA graduates to experience the diverse world of a product manager in tech. Through a “free market” approach to rotations, each product manager holds 3 different roles in 3 years. The program focuses on cultivating a diverse individual experience and crafting a community of rock star future leaders. It is intended to develop networking guides across some of Cisco’s core product lines: Networking, IoT, Management, Security, and Cloud to name a few.
• Develop strategic marketing plans for a product or product line through market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, and business planning
• Drive new business and opportunities for the business unit and technology group
• Develop new product feature and functionality in partnership with Engineering
• Provide customer use-case examples to Engineering and act as the primary link between customer feedback and requirements and R&D. Drive resolution of customer happiness issues. Handle issues associated with ordering of product, systems and tools, and manufacturing supply
• Forecast and help drive opportunities for product lines with annual revenues from $100M to $4B. Identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features
• Develop and drive aggressive marketing strategies to ensure Cisco's market share and profitability including the launching of materials, customer presentations, videos, podcasts, and sales training materials
Find the career path in Product Management that you’re passionate about! Cisco provides an environment that allows your creativity to become a reality. Work as part of a global team. Collaborate with Cisco leaders via social events, information sessions, and brown bag lunches. Partner with an experienced mentor. It’s your career, own it.
• You are pursuing an MBA (technical undergrad preferred but not required)
• You are a self-motivated and highly visionary individual
• Strong written and verbal communication along with strong presentation abilities, adept business knowledge and interpersonal skills round out your portfolio
• Your strong people skills allow you to easily partner with everyone
• You possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
• Flexibility and openness to change
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!