Product Manager MBA (Intern) United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnn Arbor, MI
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Compensation Range44000 USD - 130000 USD
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic marketing plans for a product or product line through market research, competitive analysis, pricing, customer engagement, and business planning
- Drive new business and opportunities for the business unit and technology group
- Develop innovative product features and functionality in partnership with Engineering and UX
- Provide customer use-case examples to Engineering and act as the primary liaison customer feedback and requirements and R&D. Drive resolution of customer happiness issues. Handle issues associated with ordering of product, systems and tools, and manufacturing supply
- Forecast and help drive opportunities for product lines with annual revenues from $100M to $4B. Identify areas for growth and craft strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiating features
- Develop and drive results-focused campaigns across various markets to ensure Cisco's market share and profitability including media releases, launch materials, customer presentations, videos, podcasts, and sales training materials
Who You'll Work With
Find the career path in Product Management that you’re passionate about. Cisco provides an environment that allows your creativity to become a reality. Work as part of a distributed team by collaborating with Cisco leaders via social events, information sessions, and bagged lunches. Partner with a mentor. It’s your career, own it.
Who You Are
- Pursuing an MBA (technical or business undergrad preferred)
- Self-motivated and a ground-breaking individual
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication along with strong presentation abilities, adept business knowledge to round out your portfolio
- Interpersonal skills that allow you to easily partner with people at all levels and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.