Product Manager - IoT Routing
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Cisco’s Internet of Things (IoT) Connectivity Group is a global leader in building intelligent networks and software platforms for many different IoT applications. IoT Connectivity Group’s charter, as part of Cisco’s broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless, and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks.
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Manager with strong network router (routing) product development experience, flexibility and excellent communication skills to join our IoT Industrial Routing Product Management team. Experience in embedded network routing is preferred.
In this exciting organization, you will be empowered to make a difference, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze IoT networking market trends to identify the mid and long term business opportunity
- Interwork with Technical Marketing Engineers to lead IoT Networking competitive analysis
- Develop Product Family Roadmap for Cisco's IoT Embedded Routers
- Complete PRD and CC on roadmap programs
- Interlock with other BU to synergize the development effort
- Work with Engineering team to finalize the technical detail of the roadmap items
- Work with manufacturing team to maintain all the IOT routing product forecasts
- Maintain entire product life cycle
- Understand the market opportunity, develop strategies to promote the existing product portfolio
- Lead product launch activity to promote new products to customer/partner/account team
- Support marketing events which promote the routing product families, maximizing visibility to the field (Examples: Cisco Live, SPS, CIC, SEVT)
- Develop selling resources for partner and Cisco account team
GTM strategy and execution
- Customer/Partner engagement
- Partner updates and field webinars
- Worldwide road shows
Check out the Cisco IoT Embedded Networking Video!
Who You Are
- A BS/CS/EE or BBA or equivalent in addition to 8+ years of relevant work experience with background in either software development, product marketing or product management.
- Deep understanding of the product development life cycle (PLM)
- Deep understanding of Network Switching and Routing (WAN, SD-WAN, IP)
- Good Understanding of Industrial Solutions and customer use cases
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong problem solving ability and high level of dedication
- Experienced in leading cross-functional project and teams
- A minimum of 2-3+ years of product marketing and/or product development
- MBA is highly desired
- Previous vertical market in the military of defense industry
- Understanding and experience in mobility protocols (Wireless, 3G/4G(LTE)).
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.