Product Manager III - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What you’ll do…
As Sr. Product Manager for Authentication, you will help take Duo’s platform to the next level. You’ll be responsible for the basis of Duo’s product: authentication. The authentication team is responsible for millions of authentications a week, and your responsibility is to maintain the easy-to-use, simple authentication experience, while evolving the Duo prompt and innovating with new authentication methods. We’re looking for an expert of authentication technologies that will bring consumer ease-of-use to enterprise customer problems. You will drive the next stage of Duo’s growth, as we expand reach into the Fortune 500 as part of Cisco. In this role, you will partner with various stakeholders from engineering, design, customer success, sales and senior management to execute on your vision and deliver it to customers.
Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of Duo’s product strategy. As PMs, we practice what we preach; we validate use cases for problems our customers help us identify; we collaborate on the design of solutions to those problems; we iterate and test those designs, and we do so in an agile framework. We are servants of the organization that meld business and customer context to drive the product forward.
Skills you have…
You have at least 8 year prior work experience, and…
- BA/BS preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, design or mathematics
- Real world experience developing and launching at least five products in enterprise or consumer markets
- A working understanding of web-based authentication and authorization frameworks and protocols such as SAML, OIDC, OAUTH, CTAP, U2F, UAF, and WebAuthn
- Background with managing products that faced end-users and involved user credential creation, management, and usage and the problems therein
- Most importantly, you’re hungry to learn new skills and solve real user problems
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You possess a highly driven and entrepreneurial personality, with an ability to get stuff done while having a sharp mind and eye for detail.
- You’re technically savvy and want to learn product management through direct experience.
- You are passionate about solving real customer problems by bringing customer context directly to stakeholders.
This job may not be for you if...
- If the pace of a fast-moving, growth phase startup makes you uncomfortable, or if you need a lot of well established policies and procedures before you can make decisions and drive results, this might not be the best role for you.
- If you don’t have any familiarity with at least one of the following: SaaS, endpoint management, network operations, IT security, mobile device management, cloud operations, application security, or identity and access management.
- You are not comfortable with communicating with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, on an ongoing basis to keep perspective with customers and share it with your peers!