Product Manager Engineering
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Product Mgr – SD WAN
ENB is seeking a Product Manager professional to join its Cisco SD-WAN team. Cisco is leading the disruption that is occurring in branch routing and application delivery infrastructure. The increased adoption of cloud & SaaS applications coupled with the dramatic growth of rich media on corporate networks is causing enterprises to rethink how they architect their WANs. Hybrid WAN networks, which combine traditional MPLS WAN circuits with direct-to-Internet circuits, have emerged in an attempt to achieve the right balance of cost & performance when accessing both on-premises & SaaS-based applications. SD-WAN is a fundamentally new approach to WAN architectures that provides a simpler, more agile way to manage both hybrid and traditional WAN, alike.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin. The WAN and Routing team drive revenues of nearly $4B with branch office and enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with emerging technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, and cloud-based IT applications. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a competitive environment.
What You'll Do:
- Define the hardware and software product roadmap for service providers.
- Product Leadership – work with customers and engineering to define roadmap, drive execution of product development. Responsible for product positioning and pricing.
- Actively monitors the business’s needs and regularly adjusts plans as needed
- Communicates a clear and compelling vision
- Leads the planning process, guiding roadmaps, driving alignment with the overall vision, and ensuring consensus
- Judiciously balances new feature development against increased reliability
- Ensures timely updates to senior leadership about strategic projects and customer-impacting events
Who You Are:
- Solid knowledge of Networking Infrastructure, Protocols, Software-Defined Controllers, Application-aware routing, WAN optimization
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) models
- 10+ years of relevant technology product management experience
- Strong knowledge of SD-WAN Technology components
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- MBA or business case development experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who are ready to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.