Product Manager, Collaboration Products
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationSeattle, WA or Portland, OR or Los Angeles, CA
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Product Manager, Collaboration Products
The Cloud Collaboration Management Platform (Webex Control Hub) provides a single management interface & platform for IT administrators to manage their Cisco Collaboration deployment including voice, video, conferencing, and business messaging. Control Hub is the portal for managing trials, provisioning, managing users and devices and providing deep analysis on the deployment for adoption, technology utilization and quality of service. We’re looking to change the way administrators do work – help make them more efficient and effective at their job, leveraging data, modern communication and technologies and even eventually machine learning and intelligence.
This Product Manager will be responsible for defining the partner experience within Control Hub including the presentation layer used by customers and partners, as well as the back-end platform service that orchestrates the cloud provisioning of the services in the collaboration platform. This is an opportunity to own and define the Day 0 end-to-end front-end and back-end experience.
Responsibilities will include
Inbound – This PM will work with Cisco Partners and Cisco Customers to understand pain points and business challenges, translate these into requirements, and then prioritizing the backlog with Engineering through Agile processes. This PM needs to be adept cutting through the noise (razor focus), must be able to clearly articulate the problem to be solved (think clearly), and then work with various stakeholders (teamwork) to come up with the most elegant, efficient, and cost-effective (product sense) way to solve the problem in a timely (meet deadlines) manner.
Outbound – This PM will be responsible for evangelizing new features and initiatives and working with other go-to-market functions to ensure that the Cisco Partners, and Cisco Sales teams are armed with the latest information. This PM is expected to become the go-to person for their area of responsibility within Cisco and for Cisco’s Partners.
Product Management experience needed
- At least 5+ years of Enterprise Software Product Management experience
- At least 2 of the 5+ years should be in SaaS/Cloud based software applications
- Any experience with subscription billing platforms such as Zuora, AppDirect, Zoho is a plus
Characteristics for success
- We need a PM with a high level of curiosity and self-motivation to learn. This PM needs to be proactive and scrappy to leverage documented resources and people to get up to speed quickly.
- Need a strong leader who can hold their ground, make a point and influence others across teams.
- Relationship building and ability to influence and drive the desired outcomes is critical.
- This PM needs to have strong program management skills to run effective meetings, prepare for them, identify and goals/outcomes and track actions to execute and follow up.
- This PM must have a good balance of business sense and technical ability.
- This PM must be comfortable with constant change: change in business priorities & shifts in projects and perhaps even slight change in role as our organization matures.
- As any PM role, the Product Manager should be open, a good listener and seek input from external stakeholders (Customer and Partners) as well as internal stakeholders (other PMs, Partner Help Desk, Channel Sales, Customer Success, Technical Support)
This PM role is right in the middle of it all. This PM will learn almost every aspect of our collaboration cloud business as this PM role is in our platform PM team which is the foundational layer for all of Cisco’s collaboration services.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we are “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we are also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you cannot put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, aggressive steps, and take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Digital content trends geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.