Product Manager, Cloud Security
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
We are seeking a Product Manager to help drive Cisco’s strategy and product development for the Secure Internet Gateway and Cisco’s Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solution as part of Cloud & Network Security organization. Our Security products include a full cloud-based security stack including the Secure Web Gateway proxy, Cloud-delivered Firewall, Cloud Application Security (CASB), Data Security (DLP), and DNS Security. You’ll have the opportunity to influence the evolution of the cloud security industry, fundamentally changing how workers and IT administrators do their jobs and consume security technologies.
- Become an authority in your space. Our Product Managers and leaders work directly with customers to understand the space your product is in, personas using it and buying it, and ecosystem in which it operates.
- Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and translate it to product direction. Identify and present innovative and creative product and business solutions that help your business and deliver on our strategy.
- Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally, including partnering with our UX team to build a product experience that is simple to deploy and easy to manage.
- Work with the broader Product Management team to craft effective Go-To-Market strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented. Partner with sales and sales engineering teams for effective introduction of product into the market.
- Maintain solid understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
- Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize products and solutions.
- Evangelize the product strategy internally (e.g., with sales, engineering, other product orgs) and externally (e.g., with customers and partners)
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Cloud Security Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent, and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience helping with the long-term strategy and vision for a product or product line
- Have experience working with development teams in a Product Manager role
- Be able to take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
- Have the technical depth to confidently engage with engineering teams in detail
- Be a great written and verbal communicator
- Above all, you are always eager to learn new things
- Experience either managing or developing security product policies and identities
- A strong background in SaaS application development and go-to-market models
- An understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics
- Experience forecasting market opportunities, projected review, and potential market share
Educational / Professional Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or another technical or business degree, or MBA, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of Product Management experience in an agile and/or SaaS environment
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.