Product Manager, Cloud Remote Access - Cloud Security
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek bright, committed team members who are excited about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and unique culture. Working at Cisco on the Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, world-class research, and unrivaled products and services.
What we do
OpenDNS was acquired by Cisco in August 2015. Our product is now known as Cisco Umbrella. Cisco Umbrella is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. We are now building on our cloud infrastructure to provide remote access to applications wherever the user and application reside. Because it’s built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete visibility into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users. Because Umbrella is delivered from the cloud, it is the easiest way to protect every user in minutes.
What you’ll do
We are seeking passionate and ambitious product managers to build out a new product line for cloud-based remote access and networking at Cisco Cloud Security. You will play a key role extending our cloud platform to provide remote access to critical applications wherever they reside. This new offer will build on Cisco’s leadership in Remote Access VPN. If you join this team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the evolution of the security and networking industries, fundamentally changing how remote workers and IT administrators do their jobs and consume security technologies. Opportunities on the team include:
Product Manager for Remote Access product integrations (e.g., AnyConnect desktop client, firewalls, Duo, Tetration)
- Product Manager for Remote Access cloud infrastructure (e.g., VPN head-end, cloud networking, public/private cloud connections)
- Product Manager for Remote Access functions on the Cisco Umbrella platform (e.g., visibility/reporting, licensing)
In addition to your core area of ownership you will…
- Understand key customer problems, develop requirements, and partner with engineering ensure the product is built right
- Analyze the financial impact of new feature development and build business cases
- Closely follow industry trends in cloud services to prioritize and create new features/solutions
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to create product-related sales and marketing materials; evangelize the products and product strategy both internally and externally
- Drive customer engagements across product development lifecycle from interviews / ethnographic study, to field trials, beta testing, and product launch
- Work cross-functionally across Cisco, including other Product Management organizations, engineering, marketing, and sales
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years PM experience
- MBA or equivalent business knowledge strongly preferred
- Domain expertise in cloud-delivered security services
- Product Management experience with one or more of data visualization/analytics products, building cloud service-monitoring, troubleshooting products at scale, SIEM
- Strong background in SaaS applications
- Technical Expertise with SaaS delivery models, understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics.
- Good understanding of operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences
- Passion for modern UX methodologies and web design practices
- Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Financial modeling and strong insight into how to translate product capability into financial results
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us the ability to learn cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.