Product Manager 1293709
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart-cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
You will learn how to be a maverick who has a keen eye for detail and thoughtful, data driven approach to hypothesis prior to drawing conclusions. You will learn to transition from strategy formulation to execution and delivery while driving exceptional customer experience.
The culture of this team is best described as Creative product managers with low egos and a desire to transform a traditional hardware business into a cloud and software one in the next 12-18 months.
Who You'll Work With
The Switching Business is a $10B annual revenue business (apprx 20% of Cisco’s revenue). This is the team which created the fastest ramping product in Cisco’s history – the Catalyst 9000. Although Cisco is a market leader in the space with over 65% market share, it is a highly competitive market characterized by pricing pressures, several competitors with niches in particular segments and geographies and flat TAM. We are looking for a Product Manager to manage the delivery aspects of new product families joining the C9000 series.
Who You Are
Product Manager will be the central hub within the organization for crucial decision-making about the switching products and have key insights into market, competition, customers, prospects, and many other constituencies.
Are you interested in bringing more Margin $ to the company in a segment that has competition from major brands such as HPE, Arista? Then, this is the role for you. Cisco is laser focused on Margin. This role will be about finding creative ways of driving bottom line to the $10B switching business. This means that you work with business analytic experts, Product Management geniuses, Supply chain sages to extract every ounce of $ to add to Cisco’s bottom line. This has visibility upto CFO level. You will be adding incremental margin which translates to additional opex for the company and hence an opportunity to contribute to the innovation.
In addition to the above, this role will entail collaborating with peers in bringing new products into market by driving launch-related activities. The success of the product post launch will depend on the product manager’s contribution from gathering business-intelligence data from external stakeholders (regional sales and customers), interpreting, translating, and relaying it back to the internal teams to evolve the product. The responsibilties of the product manager will not only include hi-touch engagements, but also entails close collaboration with manufacturing, supply-chain, and operations to hand-hold top customers in meeting critical product delivery timelines.
Financial analysis of the product – a key element in this role, requires the product manager to have a handle on the product’s financial success. The product manager will demonstrate an excellent understanding of the revenue, P&L, investments, and gross margins. The role also requires significant contributions in the areas of price structuring and driving the impact of effective product management directly to the bottom line by identifying the opportunities in enhancing the gross margins.
In a nut shell, this is the perfect place to drive strategy into a successful implementation and eventually see a tremendous impact on the company’s bottom line. In this role you will gain hands-on experience from the ‘driver’s seat’ on managing a $10B portfolio.
The Product Manager joining Enterprise Switching will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Engage in key discussions of product strategy, roadmap and positioning
- Closely collaborate across teams within the organization (Engineering, Ops, finance, Manufacturing, partner enablement, marketing and many more) to drive strategy into completion and realization
- Work with engineering towards successful product launch
- Drive pricing and forecasting decisions
- Accelerate product adoption for faster revenue growth
- Analyze market changes, collate customer and sales feedback, evaluate product performance vs. competition.
- Understand the underlying product costs and develop strategies to improve margins to help business make long-term profits
- Gain experience in managing and expanding large scale products
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco