Product Management Intern - Winter FY23 Internship (Meraki)
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
Product Management Internship, Winter 2023 (late January-April), San Francisco
The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Product Management Intern at Meraki, you will collaborate with forward-thinking engineers and excited customers to help ensure that we have another homerun product addition to the Meraki #fullstack. You will work closely with the executive team to establish a winning strategy, and collaborate with our extraordinary sales, marketing, and partner teams to ensure market-adoption and rapid growth. We want your help to make this nascent product line shake up the burgeoning multi-billion-dollar analytics market.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
- Working closely with the customer and our engineering team to identify new product concepts and GTM strategies.
- Develop new MX product for service provider customers, working with sales, marketing, hardware, and software engineering team
- You are pursuing an Associates degree or are a junior or senior pursuing a relevant Bachelors degree from an accredited university. Individuals who have completed a relevant bootcamp or product management training program within the last 6 months will also be considered. Individuals pursuing a Masters degree will not be considered.
- Strong business background (ex: Product Management or Marketing) desired
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE routing/switching/security certifications a plus
- Experience with or passion for learning about networking, cloud, and emerging disruptive technologies
- Strong user empathy with a deep desire to understand top customer problems
- Easily communicate complicated concepts to non-technical folks
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Love solving technical problems in creative ways
Meraki interns join the team for 12 and 16 week programs and are placed directly onto subteams. During the program, interns have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the remaining duration of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a new service. Projects are cross functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team.
Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.