Location:Carlsbad, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
The Product Engineer is responsible for sustaining current optical transceiver products and supporting new products through the development pipeline, qualifying them for production, and managing those products through their lifecycle in Cisco TMG business unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Characterize new products and release them into production, meeting all release-gate deliverables.
· Monitor/Sustain current product flow in production with contract/in-house manufacturing ensuring that cost, delivery and yield goals are met.
· Collect and condense data from characterization, qual and production test points, analyze statistics, summarize results and set product test limits. Publish standardized test reports and drive yield optimization efforts.
· Coordinate product reliability testing including per JEDEC standards; HTOL, HTS, HAST, ESD, LU etc,
· Participate in test planning including creating test/validation plans, debug tests both on ATE and module platforms. Influence decisions affecting architecture, calibration, test flow and design-for-test during product design phase.
· Provide product debug and failure analysis support for RMA as needed and use results to drive continuous improvement.
· Work cross functionally with marketing, manufacturing, design, quality assurance, test and applications engineering teams.
· A track record of managing products in production on-shore and overseas is preferred.
· Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP, Data Conductor, DataPower is valued.
· Good understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation, and process control related statistical analysis.
· Familiarity with configuration management processes and systems such as ‘Agile’ or ‘Omnify’ are highly valued.
· Familiarity with optics is a plus.
· Familiarity with bench equipment including BERT’s, optical switch, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, and optical spectrum analyzers is needed. Advantest 93k ATE tester experience is a plus.
· Experience programming or operating automated test solutions using Python, LabView, or other languages is desired.
· Proven track record of solving complex or comprehensive problems.
· Proven ability to influence teams in a positive way fostering a cooperative and productive working environment.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of MSEE 2+ years preferred or BSEE 4+ years relevant industry experience.