Location:Carlsbad, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
The Product Engineer is responsible for sustaining current optical transceiver products and supporting new products through the development pipeline, qualifying them for production, and managing those products through their lifecycle in Cisco TMG business unit.
- Characterize new products and release them into production, meeting all release-gate deliverables.
- Monitor/Sustain current product flow in production with contract/in-house manufacturing ensuring that cost, delivery and yield goals are met.
- Collect and condense data from characterization, qual and production test points, analyze statistics, summarize results and set product test limits. Publish standardized test reports and drive yield optimization efforts.
- Coordinate product reliability testing including per JEDEC standards; HTOL, HTS, HAST, ESD, LU etc,
- Participate in test planning including creating test/validation plans, debug tests both on ATE and module platforms. Influence decisions affecting architecture, calibration, test flow and design-for-test during product design phase.
- Provide product debug and failure analysis support for RMA as needed and use results to drive continuous improvement.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, manufacturing, design, quality assurance, test and applications engineering teams.
- A track record of managing products in production on-shore and overseas is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP, Data Conductor, DataPower is valued.
- Good understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation, and process control related statistical analysis.
- Familiarity with configuration management processes and systems such as ‘Agile’ or ‘Omnify’ are highly valued.
- Familiarity with optics is a plus.
- Familiarity with bench equipment including BERT’s, optical switch, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, and optical spectrum analyzers is needed. Advantest 93k ATE tester experience is a plus.
- Experience programming or operating automated test solutions using Python, LabView, or other languages is desired.
- Proven track record of solving complex or comprehensive problems.
- Proven ability to influence teams in a positive way fostering a cooperative and productive working environment.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of MSEE 2+ years preferred or BSEE 4+ years relevant industry experience.
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.