Product Engineer - Optics
Location:Carlsbad, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Product Engineer is responsible for sustaining current optical transceiver products and supporting new products through the development pipeline, qualifying them for production, and managing those products through their lifecycle in Cisco TMG business unit.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Get involved in initial phases of NPI/design to drive DFT/DFM to meet yield/manufacturing goals. Characterize new products on Bench/ATE per test plan and release them into production, meeting all release-gate deliverables.
· Monitor/Sustain current product flow in production with contract/in-house manufacturing ensuring that cost, delivery and yield goals are met.
· Collect and condense data from characterization, qual and production test points, analyze statistics, summarize results and set product test limits. Publish standardized test reports and drive yield and test time optimization efforts.
· Coordinate product reliability testing including per JEDEC standards; HTOL, TC, UBDH, BDH, HTS, ESD, LU etc.,
· Participate in test planning including creating test/validation plans, debug tests both on ATE and module platforms. Influence decisions affecting architecture, calibration, test flow and design-for-test during product design phase.
· Provide product debug and failure analysis support for RMA as needed and use results to drive continuous improvement.
· Work cross functionally with marketing, manufacturing, design, quality assurance, test and applications engineering teams.
· A track record of managing products in production locally and overseas is preferred.
· Familiarity with optics/silicon photonics/lasers and familiarity with 100G/400G QSFP MSA standards is a plus.
· Familiarity with bench equipment including BERT’s, optical switch, signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, and optical spectrum analyzers is needed.
· Advantest 93k ATE tester experience is a plus.
· Fundamental understanding of FAB/semiconductor process and tools.
· Experience programming or operating automated test solutions using Python, LabView, or other languages is desired.
· Knowledge of PCB design, review schematic/layout.
· Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP, Data Conductor, DataPower is valued.
· Good understanding of GR&R, CpK, correlation, and SPC process control related statistical analysis.
· Familiarity with configuration management processes and systems such as ‘Agile’ or ‘Omnify’ are highly valued.
· Proven track record of solving complex or comprehensive problems.
· Proven ability to influence teams in a positive way fostering a cooperative and productive working environment.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of MSEE 4+ years preferred or BSEE 6+ years relevant industry experience.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, all applicants who meet qualifications with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.