Product Designer, Monitoring Platform
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud, and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
At ThousandEyes, we are fanatical about design. Our product is built to visualize the Internet and the services that flow across it. The Internet is a massive distributed system with thousands of networks at its core serving half of the human population. As a Lead Product Designer, you are going to solve visualization problems at the Internet scale. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance.
Product Designers work with our customers, engineers, product management, and customer success to determine design requirements, create mockups, user workflows, do user research, and provide feedback to constantly improve our product. As a Product Designer you will be part of the full product development cycle, from requirements to design prototyping.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer who can collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to make complex, technical concepts intuitive and be responsible for the design of broad areas of our product.
- Lead and manage design projects from conception to delivery.
- Create user journeys, wireframes, detailed UX flows, prototypes, UI mockups, sketches, visuals, decks, and explanations that promote understanding and alignment with cross functional teams.
- Simplify complexities around data visualization, helping our users get actionable insights seamlessly.
- Iterate based on feedback from a broad range of team members, users, and subject matter experts. Give and receive feedback in regular reviews and critiques with designers.
- Build a thorough understanding of the technology and influence the product strategy.
- Design, conduct and synthesize user research activities to help build a deep understanding of our users and address usability issues. Drive design decisions based on data from user metrics as well as qualitative interviews.
- Effectively communicate design concepts to a range of stakeholders and audiences within the team as well as across the company. Build consensus and balance different priorities while dealing with ambiguity.
- Initiate ideas and solutions beyond the product roadmap to improve the overall experience for our users.
Apply for this role if you:
- 5+ years of design experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise/SaaS software products
- Experience and/or passion for working with data visualization
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your design work
- Can articulate the reasoning behind your design decisions
- Can think through user problems while understanding technical constraints
- Self-learner with aptitude for understanding complex, technical concepts
- Experience conducting and participating user research activities
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best; we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.