Product Designer, Cisco Webex
Location:Seattle, Washington, US
Additional Location(s)Anywhere West Coast US Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Product Designer: Cisco, Webex
What You'll Do
Join the Webex Online Experience team in creating best-in-class experiences that expand our reach and shape the future of work. Working within Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Group, you’ll be part of a team dedicated to enabling small to medium business to try, buy and use Webex software and hardware. Your work will support all manner of people and businesses in their digital transformation efforts, creating a more secure and inclusive global workforce.
To make it happen, you will:
- Develop user interaction from concept to implementation in coordination with other interaction designers, researchers, visual designers, engineers and product managers.
- Be a tireless advocate for best-in-class customer experiences in collaboration with cross-functional teams to address business problems and technical requirements
- Take a lead role in understanding complex business problems and technical requirements so that you can transform them into simple, delightful customer experiences
- Build innovative and frictionless interaction flows for a variety of applications
- Present and demo design work often in order to validate concepts, secure leadership buy-in and keep teammates and co-collaborators well-informed
- Work with UX Research teams and create prototypes to conduct usability tests and user research
- Engage with users and customers to gather feedback and drive continual improvements to our products
- Work with business partners to understand constraints and potential for growing and optimizing the business with a better customer experience
- Study analytics and use data to drive design decisions and support or dispel your assumptions
- Continually innovate, using the Cisco Webex suite of industry-leading tools
- Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity
- Work with a global design team across continents and time zones
- Self-manage tasks, deadlines and schedule
Who are you?
- Designer with 3-5 years of professional experience with a UX-focused portfolio that demonstrates powerful design thinking in both interaction and visual execution
- Keen understanding of usability principles and design thinking
- Experience designing for web and mobile applications
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Dynamic and adaptable to changing direction or focus
- To navigate and make progress on projects with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Excellent communication skills & collaborative skills across cultures
- Proficient in Figma/Sketch
- Demonstration of visual design acumen and typography skills
- HTML + CSS Skills are a plus
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!