Product Compliance Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Are you the new member in our Compliance team?
At Lysaker, Oslo you find Cisco Webex Devices. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom. Our greatest advantage is that we make both hardware and software. We develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. This means we don’t depend on others. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
Lots of people want to work with technology – at Cisco Webex Devices, we create it!
We are looking for a new member on our product compliance team, and hope that’s you. If you’ve got experience with product approval processes, EMC, product safety design, radio approval or circular economy requirements, we’d love to hear from you! At Cisco you will be involved in product design solutions, test on multiple prototype builds, work with suppliers and ultimately iterate your way to success together with new colleagues.
In your day to day work, you will work closely with our mechanical, electronics and industrial designers, our component engineers, documentation and quality test teams to solve engineering challenges. You will work on projects from the concept phase up until mass manufactured products are ready to be shipped worldwide – and then stay involved for as long as the products are on the market.
Our dream candidate
- has a passion for product development.
- likes to work in cross-functional teams and is set on sharing knowledge.
- has worked on product approval/certification, preferably based on IEC 60950-1, 62368-1 (or 60065-1) for safety, EN 55022/24/32 and 61000 for EMC and EN 300 328, 300 440 and 301 893 for radio.
- holds a college or university degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field, together with at least 2 years of working experience.
- is able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- can live and work in Norway without additional support from Cisco.
At Cisco Webex Devices you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have the access to resources of one the largest technology companies in the world. At tiny Lysaker, we put great ideas into action.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020 – and Cisco Norway just made it to the top of Norway’s Best Workplace 2020. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer
- a Cisco Fun aka Feeling young group – dedicated to creating great memories for the Webex-family.
- a Cisco Play group that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps, as well as an in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress.
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested.
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place.
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it.
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!
See our current portfolio at projectworkplace.cisco.com and apply now!