Procurement Specialist – Corporate Business Services
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestFinance
What you will do
Applicant will support (and lead) the development and execution of global and regional category strategies in support of various Corporate Business Services.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Category, supplier, and partner management supporting Corporate Business Services
- Perform tasks required to support the development and execution of category strategies, sourcing strategies, and savings plans
- Assist in strategic planning, operation execution of department, and developing policy, processes, and procedures
- Support/own certain procurement categories to build/implement long term category strategies and drive procurement value
- Apply procurement and sourcing techniques and tools with the ability to work effectively with management, suppliers, or cross-functional teams
- Communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others to adopt a different point of view
- Support executive management and senior category leaders on certain key sourcing initiatives and projects
- Conduct market research & analysis and benchmarking
- Support supplier reviews via reports, metrics, analytics, and research to drive continual improvement in supplier performance
Who you’ll work with
The successful applicant will be part of a Global Procurement Services (GPS) team that serves the Cisco business functions as the supply chain manager and procurement arm for all non-production, indirect and services spend. This role will not only work across the GPS organization but also with multiple corporate business functions (e.g. HR, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Workplace Resources, etc.) in support of their various business requirements.
- Collaborate daily with internal business team members, peers, and supplier partners
- Serve as a project team member and lead/balance multiple projects requiring cross- team collaboration and external collaboration
Who you are
You are confident and versatile with an affinity for ambiguity. You are highly collaborative and able to influence peers without direct authority.
- Interest and understanding of key Procurement concepts (e.g. RFx’s, P2P)
- Love playing with data, finding patterns, exhibiting curiosity, developing practical insights; demonstrate ability to distill complexity and present and explain the data and insights in simple and easy-to-understand terms
- Love working with people – our business partners and suppliers
- Have a genuine approach towards customer services in helping our business partner achieve their needs
- Understanding of Cisco’s business objectives and the respective impact on customer processes and deliverables
- Love solving problems using logical reasoning and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Communication: Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2 years of related procurement, sourcing, or functional experience is required
- Requires knowledge of standard methodologies in Procurement Category and Supplier Management and familiarity with the broader underlying concepts of related business fields
- Works to improve technology, tools and processes that support work conducted by the job family; plays a growing part in promoting/developing improvements to functional tools and processes
- Familiarity with eProcurement solutions (e.g. Ariba), SmartSheet, Tableau a plus
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.