Problem Manager - Strategy
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
We are seeking a Problem Management Leader to lead the strategy development, evolution and execution of Problem Management processes as part of the CX Centers Strategic Services Engine Line of Businesses.
The Strategic Services Engine serves to lead delivery of custom CX Center services, increase stakeholder confidence in CX Centers, shifting more work to Centers, incubating innovation to scale, and introducing standardization (repeatability, automations) resulting in best in class P/L and transition of work to Proactive Services.
More specifically, the Engine scope includes Delivery Strategy (Delivery Methodology, Prioritization, Roadmaps), Demand & Expectation Management, Escalation Management, Performance Management, Continuous Service Improvement, Financial / Cost Management, Relationship Management, and Sales & Marketing Support.
The Strategic Services Engine is organized into Lines of Business and the Practice. The lines of business focus on the content. As the Problem Management Lead in the Strategic Services Practice, you’ll support the lines of business through:
- Ensuring Accountability of the Engine – LoB’s and different stakeholders
- Coordinate, standardize, and lead all ITIL problem management activities ensuring root cause and prevention is identified
- Process standardization & feedback loop for external and internal stakeholders
- Enable the LoB to be productive, doing once & optimizing for all
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver and restore service more efficiently
- Focus is on post-metric creation determining when efficiencies are not derived and partnering with LOBs to determine ‘why’ (ie. incorrect measure, quality issue, quantity issue etc).
Amongst the qualifications for this role, emphasis is placed on leadership, building internal and external partnerships for shared success and accountability, driving strategy thru execution, and strong Business Operation and analytics capabilities.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco CX Centers is force multiplier for Cisco and our partners to simplify digital transformation for our customers through unmatched technical expertise, relevant insights, and relentless automation at global scale
In the CX Center organizational design, there are 3 functions: Regions, Engines, and Foundations. This Escalation Lead role is aligned to the Strategic Services Engine. Engines are expected to:
- Design, own and implement global delivery methodology for Engine with visibility to regional differences
- Own disruption and innovation including business cases to take innovation to scale
- Ensure Delivery Readiness for new & changed offers (working with CXPM & BUs)
- Actively monitor high quality service delivery and initiate process/tooling improvements
Who You Are
- Coordinate between various support teams to identify the root cause of all Network Delivery problems, create supporting documentation and drive problem tasks to prevent recurrence
- Ensure that the right resources are available to investigate, identify, and resolve the root cause of a problem
- Manage relationships with other process management teams to provide a consistent delivery framework
- Create a strategy around proactive Problem management
- Maintain information/data about problems and the appropriate workarounds and resolutions.
- Streamline both reactive and proactive problem management
- Define and maintain the problem management process and related procedures
- Continuously improve the problem management process
- Develop and implement reporting that provides tracking, pattern recognition (common problem categories, resolution techniques) and measures the effectiveness of problem management process
- Come up with initiatives on Proactive and premptive problem management solutions
- Have innovative ideas on automation which can help in various streams within problem management
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of product delivery and operations
You’re a problem solver - excel at solving complex problems with analytical skills; you back up your recommendations with strong data.
You are a communicator – capable of conveying the most complex concepts in the simplest of terms.
Our minimum requirements are the following:
- Have 10+ years’ experience in services and/or operations management
- 5+ years of Problem Management and program management experience.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function for improved team and service performance
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to navigate complexity and create collaborative, cross-functional solutions
- ITIL Foundation Certified with at least one intermediate certification. ITIL Expert certification is a bonus
- Experience using ITSM tools, especially Problem Management workflow
- Good track record for innovation and measurable process improvements
- Advanced leadership skills including leading by influence
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!