Principal Product Manager TD&R
Location:Offsite, Austin, Texas, US
Alternate LocationRemote US (non-SJC)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Compensation Range159800 USD - 314200 USD
What You'll Do
As a Principal Product Manager in the Threat Intelligence, Detection & Response group, you will integrate technical expertise and broader industry knowledge to contribute to portfolio development, and technical product strategy with an array of product management and engineering leads.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to senior executives within and outside the organization influencing the development of multi-year business strategies. Proactively identifies and solves the most sophisticated problems that impact the management and direction of the business.
- You will influence the strategy and direction of current and next generation technologies and/or products, bringing innovative solutions based on customer and industry knowledge.
- Work closely with Product Development, Tech Product Design (UX), Customer Experience (CX) and Sales teams to create or re fine products designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share and validates early product definitions with customers.
- Champion customers on technical product functionality and participates in product demonstrations and forums, during product launch and throughout the product lifecycle. Develops training materials and product specification documentation to support partners/field/sales team.
- Lead and influence customer engagements in architectural and technical decisions.
- Educate and drive connections across multiple business units to apply technologies a cross domains.
- Owns the strategy for educating internal teams and external customers on new products, breaking down highly complex technical concepts.
- May represent Cisco in high-value presentations, training, conferences, negotiations, and standards groups.
- Evangelizes technical ideas throughout Cisco sales and marketing teams and across business units.
Who You Are
- 15 years of related experience with a minimum BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- Knowledge of malware analysis
- Prior experience with security products and competitive benchmarking
- Ability to understand, decompose, coordinate, and manage cross-functional initiatives
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and knowledge to tackle any problem facing the business, even in areas that may be unfamiliar
- Ability to engage on a technical level with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others using soft skills in a matrixed environment
- Understanding of scripting, automation, and various programming languages
- Influence product roadmap and positioning strategies
- Willingness to travel to support sales, training, and marketing efforts
Why Cisco Secure
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique. We bring our talents to work as a team each day, helping power an inclusive future for all. Get to know us!
We’re global, we’re adaptable, we’re diverse, and our security portfolio is as extensive as it is groundbreaking. Have you heard of Threat, Detection & Response, Zero Trust by Duo, Common Services Engineering, or Cloud & Network Security? Those are only a few of our product teams! The only thing we’re missing is YOU.
Join an enterprise security leader with a start-up culture, committed to driving innovation and giving you the opportunity to make an impact. We #InnovateToWin and we know we’re better together, that’s why we’re dedicated to inclusivity, collaboration, and diversity in everything we do.
We’re proud to be the Best Security Company in 2021 with the Best Authentication Technology and the Best Small and Mid-Size Enterprises Security Solution in 2022 by SC Media. Cisco Secure continues to grow and evolve year after year with 100% of Fortune 100 Companies using our products, and we’re excited to see the new heights we’ll reach with your passion for security, your customer focus, and your desire to change things up!
What else can you expect? An ongoing investment in your growth—that’s why we offer many employee resource groups (called Inclusive Communities), mentorship programs, and hundreds of learning resources to consistently level up your skillset and explore your interests. Because when you succeed, we succeed!
“Cisco Secure offers an environment that combines cutting-edge, mission-critical, technology with some of the brightest, most diverse set of people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.” – Chief of Staff, Engineering
Join Cisco Secure – Be You, With Us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.