Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Principal Engineer, Platform and Capabilities, Enterprise Networking and Cloud
Who You’ll Work With?
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. We are disrupting the industry by building a new networking platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. The Digital Network Architecture platform automates network management and provides our customers with state-of-the-art analytics and insights.
As part of the Cisco Enterprise Networking & Cloud group, Platform and Capabilities (PnC) team innovations span building cloud, hybrid and on-prem platforms for hosting Cisco DNA applications, Edge computing services, Machine learning, Analytics, IoT, Security services, and more. While closely working with peer engineering leads across platform and applications space, you will be driving core systems and security capabilities of the platform.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do?
- An accomplished technical leader with experience in building resilient, scalable, and secure platforms using opensource and commercial software.
- You believe in codifying and automation (infra as code) and have the mindset that anything is possible till proven otherwise.
- You are willing to explore unknowns quickly, be a sounding board and dependable consultant on wide range of product ideas.
- Strong technical leadership skills coupled with an ability to articulate ideas at different levels, influence others and drive consensus with bias towards action.
- We want you to think big. And more importantly, able to articulate how to achieve big goals and solve complex problems using phased delivery and quick incremental iterations.
- You bring clarity to the problem, identify and engage right stakeholders across teams to solve complex systems platform challenges.
- Lead architecture decisions and drive engineering execution of various key capabilities.
- Willing to roll up sleeves and help engineers as needed in solving tough problems.
- Strong and convincing authority on various system and security matters related to the platform. Partner with our internal stakeholders (Product, CX, Field) in addressing customer issues.
- MSCS or equivalent with 12+ years of experience in systems and software development.
- Strong problem solving and software engineering skills using agile iterations and phased delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building opensource Linux platforms and appliances optimized for various form factor (BM/VM) deployments.
- Proficient in systems/network programming and automation (Java/Go/Python/Ansible/Shell scripting or equivalent).
- Experience building and operating scalable Kubernetes (K8S) clusters, containerization, virtualization, and cloud-based systems management is required.
- Strong background in system level security, compliance, and DevSecOps is preferred.
- Building and operating large scale distributed systems with focus on edge computing is a plus.
- Experience with Linux kernels, hypervisors and guest VM security is a plus.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.