Principal Engineer, System Architect SD-WAN
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Internet became a reality because of Cisco and its intelligent innovations in WAN engineering over multiple decades. We are reinventing WAN now and disrupting the market. If you love the challenge of building a highly scalable intelligent distributed system, then please join the party. We are abstracting WAN infrastructure and programmatically building a highly flexible controller-based software defined solution to provide intent based networking. Our solutions provide secure connectivity to user & device from anywhere in the world to their favorite application running in cloud, on premise or as SaaS. We give the opportunity to learn and innovate in a vast technology space of Routing, Security, Analytics, Telemetry, Distributed System, Machine learning and endless other areas. We strive to create an open and transparent culture where we embrace new ideas with open arms.
Join us and be part of the high energy team, help transform and build intelligent internet.
We are looking for a highly energetic, motivated and technically sharp Principal Engineer to drive innovation in the area of SDWAN Cloud Partnership and SaaS.
What You’ll Do
You will be driving the innovation for a fast growing and industry leading transformational changes in the area of SDWAN, Distributed Systems, Cloud Partnership, SASE and Cloud Security model. We are disrupting the industry by building a new controller-based networking and security platform that can learn, adapt, and secure itself at the speed of today’s businesses. Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what customer wants and makes it happen. Learn about network behavior and recommend right security posture.
Who You’ll Work With
The successful candidate will have ample opportunities to interact with our customers to learn how they deploy SDWAN, architects from different technology space as well as our cloud partners. Knowledge from our customer's day-to-day operations will be utilized to transform our product to meet customer's operational challenges such as scalability, usability, virtualization, and high availability. The role demands close collaboration with key architects within direct as well as cross-functional teams such as Product Marketing, Usability Engineering.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while having broad knowledge of and exposure to distributed systems, networking, security, Cloud and SaaS.
Who You Are
The candidate should possess one or more of the following primary skills:
*A leader with experience building highly available, horizontally scalable, secure cloud-based services using state of the art process and technology.
*A recognized inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage engineers, and drive towards technical decisions.
* Lead architect to develop system architecture, design and develop software for SD-WAN Cloud solutions
* Strong ability and desire to learn new technologies and capability to drive innovation are absolute must
* Direct engagement with customer to provide support and understand customer needs
* You must be motivated, driven and a team player. You should be willing to learn quickly and be enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas. Strong communication skills are essential
* MSEE/CS 12+ years or BSEE/CS with 14+ years of related experience
* In depth and hands-on experience on integrating Cloud and building SaaS is must
* Understanding of SD-WAN solution is a plus
* Distributed system architecture, software design and development experience is a must
* Proficient on C, C++, Java and other modern programming languages/technologies
* Experience with cloud services is a must
* Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
* Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.