Principal Engineer, Silicon Photonics Process Development - 1222613
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Allentown, PA
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
As a Principal Silicon Photonics Process Development Engineer, you'll be part of Cisco's multi-functional Silicon Photonics team that will be poised to lead the 100G-market transition and is well positioned to drive growth through innovation for Next Generation of product-lines. Through empowerment, you will play a meaningful role in a dynamic work environment to disrupt and influence the innovation of next generation silicon photonics transceivers.
Cisco is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual with a strong technical background and understanding of CMOS technologies used for Silicon Photonics Process development as well as its overall ability to meet the needs of Optical ICs based on this technology
- You will be part of the Development of fabrication processes for silicon photonic devices for Telecom and Datacom applications
- You will Drive partnerships with external commercial fabs to develop new or use existing silicon photonics processes to meet Cisco optical product requirements
- You will ensure that fabrication processes developed meet specifications, have high yield, are cost competitive, meet Cisco quality requirements and can be successfully transferred into volume manufacturing
Who You'll Work With
You will be a member of the product engineering team that partners with a multi-functional team of engineers to develop, qualify, and release silicon photonics wafer & chip level packaging product to manufacturing.
Who You Are
- You're a self-motivated, action and result oriented strong technical leader who encourages creativity and new ways of thinking to deliver creative solutions. You thrive to earn the thrust of partners and team members by making impactful decisions to deliver significant result.
- You Have a MS or PhD in EE or related field, with in depth experience in Silicon Process Development and Device Physics including 10+ years of industry expertise in silicon photonic wafer processing including test and characterization of photonics devices for optical applications
- You have a consistent track record in working with foundries developing 300mm CMOS and Silicon Photonics processes used to manufacture optical ICs in high volume. The role requires a fundamental understanding of device physics including semiconductor electrical and optical properties. You have a deep understanding of critical Silicon Photonics Devices performance requirements and their relationship to process parameters.
Experience with semiconductor process development aligned with industry standard quality & reliability requirements
- Proven track record working with CMOS for both FEOL and BEOL processes
- Experience with SOI wafers and waveguide based processing requirements for optical interconnects
- Experience with process integration and development including Ge based PDs and III-V processes
- Understanding of requirements for optical packaging including low cost fiber and laser coupling techniques and how they can be supported by the silicon photonics process features and capability
- Experience with MEMS-based processes, 2.5D and 3D integration, wafer scale CoC/CoW assembly/packaging and test experience a plus
- Design of experiments and statistical analysis of measurements of critical parameters including yield analysis
- Process and device simulation/modelling experience required
- Experience with development of critical electrical and optical process monitor/test structures including automated testing and parameter extraction for high quality optical PDK development
- Ability to work well in a multi-site team environment including the ability to use resources from the Cisco Technology and Quality teams as well as the Cisco Operations teams
- Occasional travel both domestic and international as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.